• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Luke!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wasn't aware of the Embark test, thanks for the heads-up. The thing I learned from doing 23andMe on myself is to keep nature vs nurture in mind for many things. There are few markers that are a guarantee of specific outcomes.

... off to see if those are available in a 40-tall.
Oh yeah I know, but it's nice to know certain things and be aware of issues right out the gate if there are any! Really I just did the health portion to justify paying money to find out my dog's breed when it doesn't really matter :lol:

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
I don't know! My informal guess is Boxer + a "hound" of some type, whether that's a redbone, ridgeback, or cur. When we got him they said boxer/shepherd, but had him listed on their site as boxer/hound so :shrug:
Interesting... I definitely see hound as well but his ears throw me...not your typical hound dog ears you know ;) maybe that’s why they said shepherd ...he’s got the boxer colors but other than that I don’t see much boxer... I love to just guess for the fun of it... sometimes the results come in and the dog is something you would never have thought..

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Interesting... I definitely see hound as well but his ears throw me...not your typical hound dog ears you know ;) maybe that’s why they said shepherd ...he’s got the boxer colors but other than that I don’t see much boxer... I love to just guess for the fun of it... sometimes the results come in and the dog is something you would never have thought..
He does a lot of boxer boops (aka foot play etc) so that's why I think Boxer myself

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I wasn't aware of the Embark test, thanks for the heads-up. The thing I learned from doing 23andMe on myself is to keep nature vs nurture in mind for many things. There are few markers that are a guarantee of specific outcomes.

... off to see if those are available in a 40-tall.
Lol! I thought about ordering one for myself too.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I can really see the Marmaduke in him (now that I see those results).

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
love.gif You have a Teacup Dane, too!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I still call Jix our "teacup Dane"; she thinks she's so small :xflove: even though she takes up a whole sofa and has more legs than a bucket of chicken. :laugh:

She's either that or our "Danish pointer". You'd be surprised how many people think that's a real breed. What would Luke be? Your "Saint Dane" or "Danish Bernard"? :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I still call Jix our "teacup Dane"; she thinks she's so small. :xflove: Even though she takes up a whole sofa and has more legs than a bucket of chicken. :laugh:
He can fold up pretty small! Small for a giant dog at least :p

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
A little late to the thread but congrats on Luke he's soooooooooo cute!!!!!! :bounce4:

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
...I just did the health portion to justify paying money to find out my dog's breed when it doesn't really matter :lol:
I had the same logic for my mutt mutt then felt guilty for not doing our pretty-sure-we-know mutt and had too embark her too. :hilarious: