• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Loomis!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Meet Loomis!

After over 2 years of wanting a bristlenose pleco, I've finally gotten one! He is currently about 2.75 inches long, and will get to about 5-6 inches by the time he's grown up. He looks like he has the start of a lot of bristles, so I think he might be a boy!

Welcome to the family, Loomis!

@finchly

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
After spending some time on the front glass, he's now found a hiding spot! I expect he will find the cholla wood soon, if he's not found it already. He's probably meeting the other catfish right now (2 upside-down cats and 4 pygmy cories). There's tons of algae on the side and back glass, so he should be very happy! I have some Hikari algae wafers for him, so he will get 1 tonight.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Very nice! I looked for one of those for my African tank. They were albino and too tiny to add. They were like an inch if that. So I opted for a regular common Pleco. Yes, I know might end up a giant 16" someday!

But, he's done a great job cleaning up! The castle as he started cleaning the roof lol! He's already cleaned the back glass. I got the same algae wafers by Hikari, and have to drop a piece in at night when it's dark or the Africans get it. 20191206_230420.jpg
20191209_105559.jpg
You can say he's worth his keep!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Oh man, he does a good job! Yeah, they had the albinos too, but they were so itty bitty.

I used to have a common pleco (back when I didn't know any better), kept him in an overstocked 10g. Once I learned about proper care and how big they get, I knew I wouldn't be able to give him the life he would deserve, so we turned him over to the fish store. I hope he got into a good home.

I love plecos and their big dumb silly faces, I missed having one deeply. I'm so glad that I have one again, but this time I know that I will be able to care for him for his whole life.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Love My Zons don’t say it! I had a common pleco in a 125 gallon. He really did get to about 16”. I had to trade him at the pet store. She found him a nice home with a family that had a pond.

Too bad I’m not still raising BN. I shipped them all over the country.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh man, he does a good job! Yeah, they had the albinos too, but they were so itty bitty.

I used to have a common pleco (back when I didn't know any better), kept him in an overstocked 10g. Once I learned about proper care and how big they get, I knew I wouldn't be able to give him the life he would deserve, so we turned him over to the fish store. I hope he got into a good home.

I love plecos and their big dumb silly faces, I missed having one deeply. I'm so glad that I have one again, but this time I know that I will be able to care for him for his whole life.
He's got a 55 gal to live in. So we will see how long it takes for him to grow. They hate bright lights. I never see him anymore, but he's still cleaning up!

@finchly that's too bad would have loved to get one. :)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Loomis was hanging out with the upside-down catfish! The catfish crew seems friendly with eachother, the other fish and snails seem pretty much indifferent so far. Hopefully he will come out more as he gets settled in!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I love when they get more and more bristles. The males when grown and fed lots of greens are just stunning.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Loomis is such a happy boy! He is currently living behind one of the filter intake tubes. He seems to have changed his splotches to match the algae on the back wall, he blends in so well against the black background. He's getting bigger! Probably about 3-3.5 inches if I had to guess.