• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Charlie

StellaMacaw

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Oh my gosh, are all Conure so stinkin' adorable?! This little dude has stolen my heart already. ♥

Charlie is a Nanday Conure that we just brought home. He will be 17 years old in May, has been with the same owner since he was weaned (it was actually her son that bought him, but he did not take the bird with him when he moved out). He seems like a real sweetheart. The lady did not know that she could "preen" him, so the back of his head is full of new feather shafts. He let me undo some of them, and then kept nuzzling his head under my finger like he wanted more. ♥

But, it's late, and I think it's best for him to get to bed for tonight, so that'll wait for another day. I got a few (not so great) pics, so here's little Charlie. He reminds me of a little imp, lol ♥

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw, looks like he shreds his wing feathers. Hopefully more attention will fix that. He's a cutie!

StellaMacaw

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Yeah. His rump and belly feathers are a bit over preened too. She said he was scared of toys, so he only had one that he snuggled with at night. We'll work on introducing him to new things, at a pace that he is comfortable with. Stella didn't play or even chew wood when we got her and now she plays and destroys like crazy. I'm sure he'll learn too.

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awww thanks for taking him into your lives..what a dollie!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He looks very sweet!

Matt

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I :heart: Nandays! They are such characters!

My amazon had never had toys either and everything new has to be introduced slowly. He is quite the carpenter though these days and his trays (cage and Jave tree) are littered with wood chips every day :) He also has learned how to do gymnastics and is very active now.

GinnyK

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ginny
:heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
What a sweetie! Congratulations.