• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet Ally!

DurgaRose

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emily
VERY excited to introduce the white capped Pionus I am adopting, Ally!!! She is a beautiful and healthy Pi that I was so blessed to find through a wonderful & reputable rescue. Ally is a 13 year old female who was put up for adoption because her mamma is too ill to care for her anymore, which is very sad. She had decent care of for most of her life but since her owner has been ill her care has really not been great. She's been fed seed, peanuts, and fritos for some time! :eek: her toys were old and yucky and her cage not very clean.... BUT since she has been in the rescue (only a few days) she has gotten great care! Ally is eating pellets now, had her cage power washed, and got new toys and perches bought for her. I can't wait to give her a fun, healthy, and wonderful life with me and my other two little birds!
She is said to be quiet, timid, and "gentle beaked". Still, it will be some time, even after her quarantine, before I see how she is around my other birds. And will always take extreme caution with the 3 of them.
She also has always had her wings clipped and I intend to allow her wings to grow out so she can fly. She has probably never flown in her entire 13 years of life, so that will be an exciting process to help her get confidence and learn to fly safely. I think she is so timid because of certain other factors from her previous home, so I will also really work at helping her build confidence and let her know she is safe and secure in her new home. We will take things slowly and patiently, and allow her to really come into her own in her own time.

I will be bringing Ally home on March 9th! Can't wait!!! :whitecap::loveshower: 20200208_144616_2.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
VERY excited to introduce the white capped Pionus I am adopting, Ally!!! She is a beautiful and healthy Pi that I was so blessed to find through a wonderful & reputable rescue. Ally is a 13 year old female who was put up for adoption because her mamma is too ill to care for her anymore, which is very sad. She had decent care of for most of her life but since her owner has been ill her care has really not been great. She's been fed seed, peanuts, and fritos for some time! :eek: her toys were old and yucky and her cage not very clean.... BUT since she has been in the rescue (only a few days) she has gotten great care! Ally is eating pellets now, had her cage power washed, and got new toys and perches bought for her. I can't wait to give her a fun, healthy, and wonderful life with me and my other two little birds!
She is said to be quiet, timid, and "gentle beaked". Still, it will be some time, even after her quarantine, before I see how she is around my other birds. And will always take extreme caution with the 3 of them.
She also has always had her wings clipped and I intend to allow her wings to grow out so she can fly. She has probably never flown in her entire 13 years of life, so that will be an exciting process to help her get confidence and learn to fly safely. I think she is so timid because of certain other factors from her previous home, so I will also really work at helping her build confidence and let her know she is safe and secure in her new home. We will take things slowly and patiently, and allow her to really come into her own in her own time.

I will be bringing Ally home on March 9th! Can't wait!!! :whitecap::loveshower: View attachment 328202
Very nice looking bird!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
She's beautiful!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is so beautiful!! I wish you both exciting days ahead! She has such a bright future waiting for her.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:wow:
:congrats5:

She's beautiful!

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
She looks beautiful and I hope she has a smooth transition into her new life with you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She is so pretty!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
She's so pretty!!! :cngrt5: Thank you for rescuing!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Ally! :)

It will be very interesting how Ally gets used to flying...we'll be watching for updates about it...:yes3:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
She is beautiful.

DurgaRose

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emily
Welcome to the Avenue, Ally! :)

It will be very interesting how Ally gets used to flying...we'll be watching for updates about it...:yes3:
It will be interesting! I hope she tries once her wings are grown in. I've never clipped either of my other two birds wings so they have flown from day one. Do you think Ally will realize when her wings are grown in enough and know to try flying? Do birds know that "hey, I can try to fly now"??