• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Medium Wingdow and AS toy on Craigslist, St Paul!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have that AS toy - the first version of "Three's the Charm"!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I saw that ad too.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I wonder what happened to the birds in the photographs ... and @Wingdow Aleta you should be able to debunk part of that ad on CL.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe they mean it's hard to find a second hand wingdow, as usually once you have one, you are not likely EVER to want to sell it. Therefore, 2nd hand ones may be hard to find. Just a thought

Wingdow

Sprinting down the street
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
Well, the photo of the Quaker in the Craig's List ad is one off my website. As for the photo with the Pionus---which is not mine---I'm wondering what happened to the bird, too. BTW, anyone looking for a "bargain" Wingdow Seat can always contact me---since I always have a few "seconds" with small imperfections with each production run---and they are unused (unlike the one on Craig's List). I try to take care of my AA friends!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I THINK I saw that same ad here on our Craigslist or at least that Pionus. Our ad said they were selling his cage and toys because he was gone, as in I take it to mean he escaped from the tone of the ad. I noticed it because occasionally I search for parrots for sale in the hope somebody has Lurch and decided to sell him rather then find out where their bird from the sky came from. It wasn't this exact ad, it had that picture of the Blue Head and his cage for sale and saying they no longer had the parrot. Maybe they are just using images they found to sell it rather then bother with taking new ones or maybe something weird is going on but it kinda bothered me when I saw that pic in it.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Well, the photo of the Quaker in the Craig's List ad is one off my website. As for the photo with the Pionus---which is not mine---I'm wondering what happened to the bird, too. BTW, anyone looking for a "bargain" Wingdow Seat can always contact me---since I always have a few "seconds" with small imperfections with each production run---and they are unused (unlike the one on Craig's List). I try to take care of my AA friends!
just curious what would second cost for cockatiel size ?

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You should contact them and have them take the picture from your website down. A breeder used a picture of one of my birds in their ad and I contacted them and had her remove my picture.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Sad for the person to have lost their bird(s).

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@rocky'smom I have about a dozen Medium Wingdow "seconds" right now---and I am making these available to AAers at $110. I get a chunk of money off these "second" units from the company that forms my Wingdow Seats---and I always take these units because I can make them available for less and make a bird happy in the process. The alternative is to direct my supplier to destroy these units because they are not perfect---but that seems a big waste to me when most of the imperfections are along the side (where the bird doesn't look out)---and it still functions fine as a Wingdow. Quite a few AAers have bought these "seconds" from me when I've had them---and you can ask them if the imperfections in the plastic have made any difference in how the birds like them. I don't advertise these units when I have them. I usually only let AAers know. I also usually only get 2 or 3 "imperfect" units with each production run---so to have this many is unusual. And, it got a bit more off on this batch because of the number---so I can give a bit more off on these units, too. Don't make much money on these units at all---but I'm paid with AA happiness. Anyway, if interested, let me know. And, if you want any accessories, let me know that, too. Would love for your tiel to have a Wingdow! Tiels love 'em!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@rocky'smom I have about a dozen Medium Wingdow "seconds" right now---and I am making these available to AAers at $110. I get a chunk of money off these "second" units from the company that forms my Wingdow Seats---and I always take these units because I can make them available for less and make a bird happy in the process. The alternative is to direct my supplier to destroy these units because they are not perfect---but that seems a big waste to me when most of the imperfections are along the side (where the bird doesn't look out)---and it still functions fine as a Wingdow. Quite a few AAers have bought these "seconds" from me when I've had them---and you can ask them if the imperfections in the plastic have made any difference in how the birds like them. I don't advertise these units when I have them. I usually only let AAers know. I also usually only get 2 or 3 "imperfect" units with each production run---so to have this many is unusual. And, it got a bit more off on this batch because of the number---so I can give a bit more off on these units, too. Don't make much money on these units at all---but I'm paid with AA happiness. Anyway, if interested, let me know. And, if you want any accessories, let me know that, too. Would love for your tiel to have a Wingdow! Tiels love 'em!
that is beyond my price point for toys. i'll have find another way for them to sit near the windows.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
@rocky'smom they are a little expensive, but when you factor in their portability, it's worth it. I haven't moved mine yet, but I could easily move it to the shower, another window, or take it with me to a hotel (along with a carrier), house rental and not have to worry about the bird eating their walls. :)
The straps would make it even more portable since they allow you to use it with chairs. I just love mine..especially since my house is small and I don't have to use up more floor space.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
@rockysmom
Oh and since it is a tiel, couldn't you get by with the Wingdow Loft and a perch? Cheaper and still just as stable imo.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I think I 'll just take them outside once the weather warms up a bit.

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@rocky'smom Hi, Laurie. It's Aleta from Wingdow. You seem to really want a Wingdow, and I would love for you to have them. Tiels just love them. If you want to private message me, I will try my best to make something work for you. I so appreciate your interest in our product!