• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mechanical keyboards a new playtoy

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Oh boy, look at all those keys! Oscar tries to pry off the keys on my laptop. He's only permanently damaged one key and now it won't go back on.
That's what life with a fid is like I guess. ;)

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
Oh boy, look at all those keys! Oscar tries to pry off the keys on my laptop. He's only permanently damaged one key and now it won't go back on.
That's what life with a fid is like I guess. ;)
They get surprisingly fast at it especially once they realize they're not allowed. Before I got the mechanical one they ripped a few off my laptop too, to my dismay. Luckily I was able to reattach everything. But since then they seem to be racing to tear those keys off, I'm not sure if they've realized that this one is okay to demolish :laugh:

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Now the question is …….will they remember which one they can destroy and which they cannot touch? My lovie use to take off the one key on my iPad keyboard off and quietly sneak away with it until i would realize he was too quiet. Then he would make me chase him around the room to get it back, as I needed it and was always scared he may swallow it!

I do not allow Bailey to touch anything that I need, not even a duplicate! I know, I am a meanie!! :rofl:

ZekeZack

Strolling the yard
Now the question is …….will they remember which one they can destroy and which they cannot touch? My lovie use to take off the one key on my iPad keyboard off and quietly sneak away with it until i would realize he was too quiet. Then he would make me chase him around the room to get it back, as I needed it and was always scared he may swallow it!

I do not allow Bailey to touch anything that I need, not even a duplicate! I know, I am a meanie!! :rofl:
I've realized I can't ever leave them unsupervised because they will get into all kiiiinds of trouble. And I regret not being strict on not letting them chew on my clothes. I have so many with holes now >_<. So now I am careful to not let them out when I'm wearing anything nice (aka anything that's not been turned to swiss cheese).