• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meanwhile, at the Finchly House...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
They pick who they pick. My first two Maxis picked me, Dobby has chosen my sister and flies after her every time she leaves his sight. He used to try to feed me and get scritches but then he discovered she does all the cool things with food and reminds him of Momazon. I'm in charge of walnuts and protection now. Sometimes when I pick him up to move him or bed time he'll fluff a bit and allow a quick scritch so we're working on it and he loves everyone he meets.

Yeah it’s looking like I’m not the one. That’s okay though! Hubby can have.... just one.

It's crucial to work out who gives the best scritches in a household! You don't want to choose your person then realise that the other one gives better scritches!

:rofl:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh Finchly! I'm so glad you could take her! Crystal asked me but we are so full up. It broke my heart! Angel is literally like the perfect bird and is so friendly! She will seek you out for attention once she settles in and she loves bathes! She would take them in our kitchen sink when we turned the water on and whenever she had the chance to get in the shower upstairs in the condo, she was there...I'm quite sure that she's part fish! She is just such a sweet soul! You will absolutely love her to the moon and back!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh Finchly! I'm so glad you could take her! Crystal asked me but we are so full up. It broke my heart! Angel is literally like the perfect bird and is so friendly! She will seek you out for attention once she settles in and she loves bathes! She would take them in our kitchen sink when we turned the water on and whenever she had the chance to get in the shower upstairs in the condo, she was there...I'm quite sure that she's part fish! She is just such a sweet soul! You will absolutely love her to the moon and back!

She certainly is the perfect bird! She's so sweet. I'm not sorry you couldn't take her! :D I keep the window of her cage open most of the time, so she's more or less right above my desk. she sits there and asks for scritches, and if I don't pay attention (work you know) she starts sloooowly scritching her own head. Hello stupid human! Scritches!

I haven't gotten her to take a bath yet. She flies into the kitchen when I turn the water on but then she leaves. Did you have her get down in the sink? Or what. I have a walk - in shower with no doors and a stone floor they usually like. Thought I might take her in there. I'm having fun getting to know her. She and Ernie are 'talking' and they do everything at the same time, but they haven't tried to get near each other. Their cages are side by side, his is always open, hers almost always.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I couldn't figure out why Lurch always loved to plop on me after I got home and ride into the bathroom with me when I went to clean and etc. I always got bit on the neck shortly after I went in. Finally one day I figured lets take one for the team and let him ride in with me again. I put my arm down on the sink counter and he immediately ran down and started drinking and playing in the water from the faucet. After that he'd ride in nicely, wait for me to finish my business then I'd ask him if he wanted to play in the water and down to the sink he'd run. I'd let him drink and play till he seemed content and ask him if he was done and he'd run back up to my shoulder. He never bit me in there again as we reached a understanding with each other. I don't think he knew a good way to ask me.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I couldn't figure out why Lurch always loved to plop on me after I got home and ride into the bathroom with me when I went to clean and etc. I always got bit on the neck shortly after I went in. Finally one day I figured lets take one for the team and let him ride in with me again. I put my arm down on the sink counter and he immediately ran down and started drinking and playing in the water from the faucet. After that he'd ride in nicely, wait for me to finish my business then I'd ask him if he wanted to play in the water and down to the sink he'd run. I'd let him drink and play till he seemed content and ask him if he was done and he'd run back up to my shoulder. He never bit me in there again as we reached a understanding with each other. I don't think he knew a good way to ask me.

Ah! Okay. I'll try that. They probably ask us in bird language, we just can't get it. They roll their eyes and say stupid hoomans.

matcha

Meeting neighbors
Gorgeous and happy bird!!! :heart: