• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Me, My Conure, and Vet School!

Zazu123

Meeting neighbors
I have officially committed to going to vet school this August to specialize in avian and exotic medicine and I am incredibly excited! I tried to do some research to see if anyone has had experience with living with a bird through vet school but surprisingly havent found anything. Im taking my green cheek with me to vet school so I was wondering if there are any current/past vet students who can give me tips on going through vet school with a bird. Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow what wonderful news!

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have no advice but I'd like to say congratulations!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
No personal experience... just know my local vet that practices avian medicine but is not certified avian said that, when she asked two certified avian vets she was studying under if she should become certified, both recommended not to if she wanted to enjoy life. By certified, I mean by ABVP. I don't know if she had birds while studying exotics and small animals since her current birds were born 7 years after her DVM.

I'm sure that it can be done though! :)

With the way the world is currently though, I wish you the best of luck in schooling! I have no clue how school will be starting up later in the year!