• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Me and Sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Ok...I HATE (hate hate hate hate) having my picture taken, but I like these pics of my big boy, Prospect Avenue Gold (aka Sunny). He's a 6 1/2 year old AQHA gelding ( I just had him gelded in June ) who is one of my best riding horses. I've literally ridden him hundreds of miles over the past few years and he doesn't have a molecule of spook in him. He also produced quite a few amazing foals over the past 3 years, and his final foal is due on Feb 14th 2011. I keep in close contact with the folks who bought that mare and I can't wait to see the baby. It is a full sibling to the little fella in my profile pic. :) Now, as for me in the photos, please understand that it was very warm, very dusty, and I have my hair pulled back in a pony-tail under my hat which makes me look like a guy....I look awful (and was feeling pretty gross by this point), so I apologize!!! And please ignore the Forrest Gump wave that I'm doing! :o: I'm hoping to get him to the point where I can do some ranch sorting on him as well as my little Arab. Sunny can just shove those calves outta the way! :lol:

Attachments

Last edited:

Bambino

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Melissa
Great pictures! It must take a lot of guts to ride something so strong. I think I would be scared out of my mind! It looks like fun though:D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:highfive: I love horses!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
nice looking very big horse...and you are a very nice looking young lady..don't know why you are apologizing..

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, great pics, Meredith! Looks like you belong up there on that beautiful horse! What an amazing feeling that must be to have horses.:D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Great pics and your horse is stunning!

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Thank you guys! He's really been a great horse to work with....he was the most laid back stallion I have ever trained, and now that he's gelded he's so laid back he could almost be classified as comatose!:lol: This was only the second time I've worked him in an arena doing exercises with him...making him do circles, figure 8's, working on transitions from one gait to the next then back down again. That was hard work for Mr. Sleepy britches! :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.