• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

McBubbles bit me today :(

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
I reached to pet Mr. Bubbles, and he bit me really hard...enough to make it bleed. I was just proud that I didn't make a sound and just quietly exited the room.

I think he had a stressful weekend since people were visiting, and they must have scared him. He's never bitten me this hard, and I don't think he showed any malicious intent since he didn't lounge and bite. BUT, the first real bite really hurts...

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Aww. :( You're probably right that it's just stress.
Boris bites me about 100 times a day but I've yet to get a REAL bite. I know it will happen one day.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
I don't know how you didn't make a sound though. That would be really hard for me to do!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Ouchie! Having a change in his normal routine may have triggered the bite.

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
I don't know how you didn't make a sound though. That would be really hard for me to do!
well he usually likes to hold my finger with his beak, but instead of letting go, he bit down on it slowly! maybe he thought i was a toy?

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I remember getting bitten by Kei for the first time. I was in tears. Not because I was in pain but because my feelings were hurt and I was worried she would bite me all the time after that. :p eventually I learned to read her body language and only got bit by her a handful of times in the 7 years I had her. You'll learn to read him and then you can avoid bites. :)

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch bit me hard the very first night he came home and continued doing that on ocasion for quite some time. He didn't give any warning at all that I could detect and just turned very quickly and ripped a bunch of skin off my scritching finger. I did say some choice things and he started pirate swearing to himself. I walked away before I strangled him and figured this was going to take longer then I thought and he slowly decided over time we were OK and didn't need warning attacks and is pretty happy with us and his life. I can read him better now, he does give clear warnings now, and reacts slower when he does decide to bite so we have time to avoid it and he still feels like he did his job. Every bird I've had would bite given the right situation but once they decided you were their friend and trustworthy it happened rarely and there was always a reason I could understand.
Like said he probably got stressed out and didn't know how to express it so he bit. If he really trusts and loves you it will probably be a rare event with a reason like hurt or frigthened, if he's still setteling in it might just be misplaced
agression or maybe he had a scary thought or saw something bad and was trying to warn you. Birds operate on their own system and we just have to figure it out. Lurch has been here 4 1/2 years and likes us but definetely still has his pissy moments when we just leave him be till he gets over it and decides to be sociable again. And by the way my feelings were hurt more then my finger too that first night as I thought we were doing great and would very quickly be buddies:eek:

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My little CAG Merlin bites me all the time, mostly playfully, but when he gets too excited and they start to hurt I bring him back to his cage for a time out.:D

Cyreen

well he usually likes to hold my finger with his beak, but instead of letting go, he bit down on it slowly! maybe he thought i was a toy?
Sounds like he put some thought into it, the little bugger, and was testing. If he had reason to be stressed, I suspect he was making a point.