• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mcage Cages: Too Good to Be True?

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I've been fishing around for a good cage for my budgie, and I came across this brand. I've seen a lot of great reviews for them, but the model looks nearly identical to A&E's flight cage. I'm wary of the cheaper prices. It doesn't seem nearly as flimsy as the prevue flight cage that I was looking at, but one can never be too sure ;) I've seen a lot of them for sale on various websites, but is this too good to be true?

Here's a link to the cage that I was looking at:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I have never ordered that one, I generally prefer the a bad e flight cage, I have never had a bad experience ordering from a and e.
Edit: my grammar is atrocious, so sorry

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
It's basically a generic cage. Most of these cages come from the same factory in China, but different companies pay for differing qualities and coats of powder coating. Could be good, but also might not last as long as a brand name cage. My advice is to buy it if it's all you can afford, but don't expect it to last forever.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.

jujubeat

Meeting neighbors
I too am looking into a new budgie cage and dealing with space issues! LOL

Does anyone know if wrought iron chips or rust? I would hate to go through cages every few years when I can try to find the best quality cage as an investment.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I too am looking into a new budgie cage and dealing with space issues! LOL

Does anyone know if wrought iron chips or rust? I would hate to go through cages every few years when I can try to find the best quality cage as an investment.
Wrought iron will chip and rust with time. How much time depends upon the quality of the powder coating. If you want a cage that will last a lifetime get a stainless steel one.

jujubeat

Meeting neighbors
Wrought iron will chip and rust with time. How much time depends upon the quality of the powder coating. If you want a cage that will last a lifetime get a stainless steel one.
Thank you! Does anyone know of how to recover a powder coated cage? I got the You & Me Conure cage literally in June, and I can already see chips at the corner. She cannot really access these areas, but still sucks a cage can chip so quickly :(