• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MBS is threatening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I would phone local breeders to find out what the wholsesale prices would be and make an offer. I beleive they get them for about $175-200 a peice out of the nest. I would offer $450-500 bor BOTH.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
That had to be the Burnsville store from the descriptions of the birds. They do look to be bonded....4 conures, no sweat...;) We have 4 conures and if i had my way, we would have 4 more :D
You got it :D Have you seen that precious little Sun, with his massacred tail? They were very bonded, when I had them out they were content to crawl all around on me, but if one went to the associate, the other had to follow, and vice versa. She also told me she struggles to have them out separately because the other will cry and scream if just one is taken out.

You guys are absolutely right, as a rescue worker I do not support buying from a pet store, and I even hesitate to buy from a breeder because of the need for good homes for animals. However, these conures (or, at least the Sun for sure) are probably going to continue to be adopted out and returned, because of the feather barbing/attachment issues. Is it really the birds fault for who bred him? Should he be subjected to remain in that situation just because he is the result of mass marketing of parrots? I absolutely don't agree with it either, but if both birds go on the books as a loss for the company, or not as much of a gain because they had to "clearance" the birds, that has to go on record too. They won't continue to invest in something that isn't going to give them the dividends they are seeking.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Natalie, I understand what you're going through. I've seen birds in stores that I just wanted to grab and run with. But, I just can't support pet stores.... But I wouldn't blame you if you brought the little fellows home. It would be understandable... And we will not judge:hug8:

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
Natalie, I understand what you're going through. I've seen birds in stores that I just wanted to grab and run with. But, I just can't support pet stores.... But I wouldn't blame you if you brought the little fellows home. It would be understandable... And we will not judge:hug8:
Ditto! :)

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I don't think this is a normal situation. You should not have to feel bad at all about buying these two birds from a petstore.

I can only imagine the times they (especially the needy one) will be rehomed after bought from the store. If you don't buy them someone else will. No matter what, people will keep buying and it will never stop.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No matter what, people will keep buying and it will never stop.
You might be right. But, I still feel better knowing I didn't help keep it going. But I don't blame others for having different views, and I do recognize that it's tough to walk away from those adorable faces. :)

tml

Sitting on the front steps
I hope you are going to be able to do it. I understand the opposing views and respect them and their principles. In my eyes, in a way this is like rescue work too and I don't say that as easy justification.

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I hope you are going to be able to do it. I understand the opposing views and respect them and their principles. In my eyes, in a way this is like rescue work too and I don't say that as easy justification.
I just wanted to mention that while I do have my views, I really do understand why you want to buy these birds. It's a really tough situation. I would have a very hard time as well, which is one of the reasons I steer clear of pet stores! :)

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I totally understand what you are going through and for sure won't judge you if you bring them home. There are certian ones that do just pull those heart strings more then others. Just wish these stores would stop selling conures especially. I've seen more then one in my area with feather problems.:( Luckily the one was at a Petco that truly cares for their birds and marked him low with a special note because he needed to go to a good home and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.