• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maybe new cockatoo coming home here!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yep you heard right, maybe. I wasn't rushing it as I had a lot of questions to ask owner.
Like only had her 5 1/2 months and suddenly wants to rehome it...history of the bird and etc...
Well turns out, where the owner got bird from they lied about age, lied about sex ( saying it was male, it's female), no other history on bird from original seller.
Now owner of bird now claims the African grey doesn't care for the coffin so is rejoining it.
which struck me strange as the two birds sleep in same room with there cages open.
Never the less, the bird is in good health, very sweet, not a plucker, and a superb dancer!
This is Lucy... And I'm leaning towards getting her.

D2jNhCm6Dx.jpg VZYgFiwMPZ.jpg SD0CeGefo6.jpg

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
She's beautiful! Good luck. Kind of, sort of in the same situtation. People mostly are never honest about rehoming. As long as she takes a liking to you go for it and be realistic

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
She really is beautifully feathered. Must not be anything seriously wrong with her healthwise. But she's a cockatoo!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
She really is beautifully feathered. Must not be anything seriously wrong with her healthwise. But she's a cockatoo!
She is beautifully feathered, and owner really takes good care of her. Never caged, a real sweety. I think the owner didn't realize what they were getting into with a too.....I don't know. To rehome it after just 6 months of having it. She has a cag. But the cag absolutely does not like the too.
Which too me sounds odd as they both are caged in same bird room and never have doors shut to cage.
The too( lucy) is between 2-3 years of age...the terrible twos. The owner has gotten a bit of interest in the too, as she is practically giving it away. But she is weeding out who she'll let have the too.
In mean there is This is a male bare eyed, he was hand fed as a baby but spent the last few years at a zoological park and wasnt handled as often. So although he is very used to people being around he is nervous about stepping up on just anyone.
Bare eyes cockatoo's are becoming increasingly hard to find. This one here is one of the most beautiful I have come across.....not a feather out of place. See pic below... JpOajdMHjR.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, they both are just precious! I feel the Goffin might have an easier time finding a good home, where as the bare eyed might have a hard future ahead. Why does the park need to find a home for him?

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Aw, they both are just precious! I feel the Goffin might have an easier time finding a good home, where as the bare eyed might have a hard future ahead. Why does the park need to find a home for him?
Sudden loss of the owner, and was willed to them i m told. But they believe he'd be better in a home. Very pretty bird. But hasn't been handled much. That might make it difficult for many people. I can break any bird from its shyness and wildness. After all I raised hawks in past. You can't get wilder than that. You have to become the bird, think like the bird, understand the bird, react like the bird.
:yes3:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...a difficult choice, indeed.

I know your heart will lead you to THE one... :heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I would have visit them before deciding anything.
But the bare eyed first because that bird can end up in wrong home again and again and really need the right home.