• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maybe his name should be Houdini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Today was the third time I've come home to find Beau out of his temporary cage. The first time I thought he might have flown out without me noticing when I was shutting the cage. The second, I tried to find bars that were bigger (remembered a thread when the bar spacing on cages isn't always the same throughout the cage). I didn't find any, so again, thought I might have just been absent minded and didn't notice he had gotten out. Today I made a point to double check that he was in, the door was shut, and the food doors. AND he was still out when I got home! Just when I was beggining to think he somehow squeezed his little body through 1/2" bar spacing. I noticed a big 1" gap at the bottom of the cage. :rofl: I went through all the cage bars, but totally overlooked this giant gap!
Now I have to get creative and figure out a way to fix it (I got the cage from a friend and she didn't have the grate which is why there is a gap). Excuse the mess, that is from two days, and I'm cleaning cages tonight. :hug8:

Attachments

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Do you think he's double jointed? The little stinker. :D

Ginger

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Now that I know about the gap, I'm really not surprised. It's actually quite big. But for a while I was convinced that he was extremely talented. I thought he had either squeezed through the 1/2" or opened the door and closed it behind him. :hehe:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
a piece of plexi glass would work? just cut it the length you need it have a couple holes drilled in it to zip tie it on

if the tray doesn't come out that side, I'd put a total of 6 holes 3 on each end... may even need at least one in the center on the top and bottom as well to zip tie it flush to the cage so he can't push on it and move it enough to get out

Just a thought :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
a piece of plexi glass would work? just cut it the length you need it have a couple holes drilled in it to zip tie it on

if the tray doesn't come out that side, I'd put a total of 6 holes 3 on each end... may even need at least one in the center on the top and bottom as well to zip tie it flush to the cage so he can't push on it and move it enough to get out

Just a thought :)
I was thinking that too, but I may just want to find something around the house to use since he will only be in the cage for another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.