• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maybe a new buddy? (after moving)

SharFully

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharona
Finally happening? I hope so! Waiting for that confirmation that the apartment is mine! If so, I will finally move out of this place! In July!

Right now I live with roommates. My space is 20 square meters, here I have my TV, desk, 2p bed, a small couch and my lovebird.

Stress stress... This will be stressful for the both of us, no doubt... I hope by that time she is more tame so I can take her with me without stressing her out too much.

My new place with have 2 bedrooms, one 12 square meters and one 6 square meters. The small one I'm planning on as my office but also bedroom for me bird(s) so I don't have to turn off my TV anymore when I tug birb in xD.

My living room and kitchen (open kitchen) is 28 square meters. Already looking for good pans because my lb doesn't go into the kitchen now, but it will be unavoidable if we get the place.

I'm looking forward towards to move. I'm ready to have the whole place for myself.

Ollie is growing her flight feathers back she has one on each side now and I saw on each side one more growing (I have to look when she's spreading her wings).

I do want to give her a buddy once we've moved. But not sure if I should go for a young one who can maybe teach Ollie a thing or two... Or one from the animal shelter. What would you do?

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Sound like a great place hope you get it. I would wait till you have moved and settled before even thinking about adding anything more that is new, I would form more of bond than you already have first :heart2: so they feel secure in their place in the flock. :heart2::gal2::heart2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
But not sure if I should go for a young one who can maybe teach Ollie a thing or two... Or one from the animal shelter. What would you do?
I don´t think there´s a right or wrong answer.
When you are moved and settled, go and visit the shelter, and contact some breeders. Ask questions and see what you feel is the better fit for you.