• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

May 2020 Mayor of the Avenue... Mockinbirdiva (Andrea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
One of my fave people here! Well-deserved :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thanks All! I'm sorry I've been MIA for a few days. A foolish move on my part to groom and do nails on dogs without using my grooming table. One of those things where I hated to ask Steve to pull it out for me since he's working so hard on his work - advertising deadlines. I can't carry the table on my own, it's too heavy. It was one of those spur of the moment " I gotta do those toenails, they're driving me crazy clicking on the floor". Bending over for that length of time with each one on the back patio I've suffered for it greatly with my back and legs. It's one of those chores where your last nerve can be tested with two wiggly little yorkies hating every second of it. Of course, it would be easier to use clippers for those nails but they're terrified of them... ridiculous struggling! I use my battery operated grinder and they still don't like it but tolerate it better than the clippers, it takes so much longer! No more clickity click and no nipped nerves. I also ventured out for much needed paper for the cages and ended up getting groceries too ( with a mask) in two stores. I wanted to knock it out and not have to go back for a while. It was more walking than I should have done. My back is a mess, my legs are toast. I do what I need to do and have spent the rest time with my legs elevated and it's helped some, it's just taking some time to recover. My evenings are still busy as usual with a few breaks to settle the pain. The birds all look forward to the time I spend with them and I'm happy to spend that time with them as well. Rocket did not want to step up for me at all last night - running away from me because he didn't want to leave Astro's cage. It took a dozen tries before he finally flew to my shoulder. Astro was happy to have her space, Lola needed extra scritches, Henry was more than ready for his night treats ( he did venture down to the floor earlier to inspect his new bell toy - beaked it a few times very carefully, and even dared to touch it with his toes... then it moved... omg..and climbed back up his cage, Bob did the gooseneck side eyed look to see if he had his seed treats waiting on him in his cage (no Bob.. eat more pellets), Ruby stole pellets from Casey and munched on my shoulder while Scarlette glared on with a piffy fit.... and then I slept like log with a heating pad under my mattress pad. I've missed you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.