• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

May 2012 Feathered Estates Showcase ~ Crys12065 (Crystal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I am very excited to showcase Crystal's (Crys12065) wonderful design for May's 2012 Feathered Estates Highlight! Crystal has transformed a living room/small space venue into a fabulous play area for her fids to enjoy.

:starshower: :goodjob: :loveshower:

1~ What kind of birds do you have and how many birds did you design your setup for?
I have 1 BH Pionus, 1 Green Cheek Conure, 2 Lineolated Parakeets and just joining me this weekend a Meyers.My set up will accomodate all 5 birds.

2~ Is your setup for a handicapped bird?
No it is not.

3~ Are there any budgeting tips you discovered while doing your setup?
Wish I could say most of it was DIY but honestly almost everything was bought from AA vendors, lol I am not very good with budgeting on the birds.

4~ Is your setup changeable or stationary and do you add or make changes continually or do things stay primarily as is?
I make changes to my set up all the time. If I feel they are getting bored or I order new toys, etc. I have a drop ceiling so nothing is drilled into it. I have clips that are easily removed to hang things elsewhere.

5~ Where did you find your materials if you made it yourself or where did you purchase the setup and do you have favorite places to purchase safe toys and/or supplies that you find reliable?
I purchased almost everything in their play areas from various AA vendors. My favorites are mysafebirdstore.com, Things for Wings, Crystal's bird toys, Olivers Garden and Parottelia toys. There is something in the play areas from each one of those awesome vendors! If I am forgetting anyone I am sorry!

6~ Do you have a favorite item that you bought for your setup?
The Tri Swings from CBT are definitely a favorite! But the OG Boing is L. Angels favorite spot so also a favorite!

7~ If you made any DIY toys what is your bird(s) favorite and were there any failures?
I tried for the longest time to make them toys but they never played with them so I gave up and just buy them their favorites from AA vendors.

8~ Did you incorporate into your setup any foraging toys and how did your bird(s) take to them and was age or inactivity a factor?
I tried to include some baskets I can hide treats in and certain toys but my birds are terrible foragers so they never find anything that is not right in front of them, lol

9~ What difficulties did you encounter, if any, and how did you remedy them?
I didn't hang stuff from the ceiling for the longest time because I didn't realize you can get clips to hang stuff with, once I figured that out it all became easy.
Also I am short so hanging stuff from the ceiling is hard, I need my step stool and to stand way up on my tippy toes.

Play area on little bird cages. Angel is free to play on it if she wanted but she prefers her cage and generally doesn't use the play area:

birdies4_birdsetup002.jpg birdies4_birdsetup004.jpg birdies4_birdsetup006.jpg birdies4_birdsetup007.jpg

10~ What do you like least about your set up (if anything)?
I wish I had more room, I am limited because I live in a small apartment.

11~ What do you like most about your setup?
That it is easy to change around and move stuff for variety.

12~ Did your bird(s) take to the setup right away or did they approach it tentatively needing time to adjust and do you feel their age was a factor?
They always need a little time adjust, L. Angel uses everything. But the other birds only use certain things and B. Angel doesn't usually play on the larger play area because she prefers the top of her cage.

13~ Any future renovations planned?
Maybe an OG crawler and Atom but not for awhile.

B.Angel's side of the room. I have her cage on the other side of the couch. She never uses the boings or swings so it is more for L.Angel but maybe someday she will use them. LOL:

birdies4_birdsetup008.jpg birdies4_birdsetup011.jpg

Last edited:

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
Awesome set up, but I knew this :o: I can't think of a more deserving person for this award! Way to go, Crystal!!!! :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awesome set up!!! lucky birdies!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have made an amazing set up!

Matt

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful set up ^_^ thanks for sharing ;)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
WONDERFUL setup, I love the use of the clips! Must make rearranging super easy :)

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
So cool, Crystal! What a fab set up! Congrats and well deserved!!! :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Congratulations Crystal! Great set-up and interview!

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
:yah:

Congrats, I love the setups! Also that pull out(?) wood playstand on the wall looks so unique.

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Birdie Heaven! Merlin wants to visit NY :D Congrats!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Great setup! Congrats!! :bounce7:

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Wonderful setup and I like the way the bird setup is integrated into your living area space.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
I was just thinking that L. Angel is the only one who uses any of the play areas I have set up! Sampson would rather be on me or eating, B. Angel prefers her cage or the boring microwave, Napoleon won't come out yet and if I am lucky maybe Dale will enjoy the play areas:huh: Well at least L. Angel appreciates all my hard work:lol:

Thank you everyone for your kind words:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.