• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Max's story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lizzy
Here is Max my 7 1/2 year old Male Maximilian Pionus I helped rescued from NC caged bird show this past May. We are coming along pretty good. We have many head scratches during the day, takes treats from me, we talk to each other, and he trys to feed my fingers everyday. Max still has some unfriendly mood swings but we are working on correcting them. I know his body language enough so I can move before I am missing some skin. He took a BIG chunck out of my finger the day after the bird show. :(

From what I know I am Max's 3rd owner. The last lady who owned him bought him to be a breeder, but her female became egg bound and died. Then 3 weeks before she brought him in to the NC bird show to raffle him off he got one of his back toe's bit off by one of her Too's. That has since healed up nice. I am not sure he even misses it. I also am not sure if he has ever been a Pet until now.
No matter how our relationship ends up he will have a happy forever home even if he doesn't turn into a cuddle bug. I do have my fingers crossed we can at least get to "step up" on a regular basis. I just love watching him play and hearing him chatter. He does say "How are you", "Good Boy", "Good Morning", "Nite Nite", he coughs like a long time smoker would, and he now barks like moms little house dog :eek:!

Lizzy

Attachments

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Max is fortunate to have found his way to you :hug8:

his coloring is stunning - he is absolutely marvelous!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing Max's story I am so glad you got him he is just stunning

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month