• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Max pionus in season

Solardust

Moving in
Real Name
Diana
My male pionus found himself in our bathroom mirror,and is now going crazy,he is very aggressive,I have everyone closing the door when they leave,but (Odie,) continues to watch the door.Is there a happy ending to this?And am I correct in keeping him out of the bathroom?He also searches for his shadow in everything.Help☹

Solardust

Moving in
Real Name
Diana
I've read the hormonal sections and found them very interesting and helpful,but cannot help feel it's all for naught.Odie came from a rescue that was more like a horders dream,birds stacked up in every room,so what do I do?I gave him full reign of the house(with supervision)and offer up scratches to his cheeks and neck,just as he likes,and give the only fun he seems to enjoy,chewing up cardboard,cuz all his toys sit untouched.The only thing I had going right it seems is the 12 hour sleep cycle.Now what?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump4: (for visibility)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Jan??,I am a newbie I checked follow Jan,but unsure of what that really
I think she meant the Practical Pionus By Russ Shade who occasionally posts here and still sells the book online.
I have had many Maxi Pionus at this point, they tend to be great family members.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Now is mating season so he's probably really wound up and aggressive when he sees what he thinks is another bird. Be careful when he's doing the Pionus strut with his tail flared. He'll probably bite badly if you try to bother him unless he absolutely trusts you and has chosen you as his person.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
You have to just wait it out. If you can cover him for a good 12 hours at night that might help.

I currently have a hormonal caique boy who's screaming every few seconds around the clock. He's driving me around the bend. My 2 pionus, thank goodness, don't seem to know what season it is.

Solardust

Moving in
Real Name
Diana
Now is mating season so he's probably really wound up and aggressive when he sees what he thinks is another bird. Be careful when he's doing the Pionus strut with his tail flared. He'll probably bite badly if you try to bother him unless he absolutely trusts you and has chosen you as

Solardust

Moving in
Real Name
Diana
Thank you,I'm glad to hear "wait it out" lol I'm his mate or at least until now,he got me good when I was using the bathroom.