• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maui sunset macaws

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
So I'm buying a maui sunset macaw and I'm paying 4,500. Is this a fair price? Does anyone have one of these beauties and give helpful advice ? I have 2 other birds. A 10 yr military macaw and a 22 yr moluccan cockatoo.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I don't have experience as far as pricing goes, but I am curious as to how you're buying him. Just because there are a lot of scammers out there pretending to sell big and rare birds.

Reactions: BSA

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
I don't have experience as far as pricing goes, but I am curious as to how you're buying him. Just because there are a lot of scammers out there pretending to sell big and rare birds.
I'm getting her from the lady I always get my birds. I've seen her already. I've dealt with my bird people for many years. They know about birds and are involved in all the bird associations. I've heard of so scams. She will never ship a bird. I've seen her not sell a bird to someone because she didn't feel they were fit to take care of a bird. Makes me sick that people would scam someone else just to make a fast buck. If you were looking to get one, I'm Sorry to say she only has 2 babies and they already sold.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Gorgeous babies! Do you have any pictures of the new bird? They really are stunning birds. I'm glad you've found a good breeder!

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Gorgeous babies! Do you have any pictures of the new bird? They really are stunning birds. I'm glad you've found a good breeder!
I was so excited to see her and watch them feed her that I didn't even think of taking a photo! I will when I drive back to Houston in 2 weeks. That's where I moved from to east Texas. I'm 4 hrs away but I make trips very often to visit with my kids and grandbabies. I will remember to take pics and post them for you.

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
What type of baby or babies do you have?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What are the personality traits of the hybrid?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
What are the personality traits of the hybrid?
Has the clown side of the blue and gold and affectation loving side of the red front. From all that I've learned hybrids take the best traits from both parents. I've never owned one but have been around some other hybrids just not this one. My bird lady said this is the perfect bird for temperament, intelligence, playfulness, and beauty. She has never recommended a bad bird or breed to me. I will definitely keep everyone updated on her once she is ready to come home with her new family.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Welcome.
Your babies are so cute.

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Welcome.
Your babies are so cute.
Thank you, I'm so happy I found a place to talk to other birdy parents. Im not sure if I'm using this site correctly. If I'm not please redirect me as I've never been on a site like this before lol.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Breeders are charging what they think people will pay right now. If you trust the breeder and she raises quality, healthy babies then you’re getting a fair price. I’m willing to pay more for a bird in excellent health than one that’s questionable.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@BSA Congrats on your new macaw.

I hope you are aware of the potential for Pulmonary Hypertensive Syndrome (PHS) when dusty (powder down producing) birds are housed with many other species. The bird that this powder down is most dangerous (deadly) to are macaws and other species include conures, Amazons, Pionus......

Please read this. Several members of this forum have lost birds to this disease.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
So I'm buying a maui sunset macaw and I'm paying 4,500. Is this a fair price? Does anyone have one of these beauties and give helpful advice ? I have 2 other birds. A 10 yr military macaw and a 22 yr moluccan cockatoo.
Yes, for a first generation hybrid, that is pretty standard especially since RFMs aren't terribly common and so consequently, neither is this hybrid.

It likely isn't one of those scams for a multitude of reasons.
The given price is relevant and so a good sign plus you saw the bird yourself and have directly interacted/corresponded with the breeder multiple times.
Also, PC warriors relax, if the grammar and or language they are using to communicate and discuss various topics about the bird are clear, fluid, relevant, and specific, that is also a pretty classic indicator of someone legitimate versus those online scammers.

~~**BEAUTIFUL RARE MACA PARROT BIRD!!!**~~
Pay $600 only safe shipping for loving companion. Talk, dancing, with has fine feather!

You will quickly get the idea...:laugh::meh:
Congratulations and post photos when you can. :xflove:

BSA

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Yes, for a first generation hybrid, that is pretty standard especially since RFMs aren't terribly common and so consequently, neither is this hybrid.

It likely isn't one of those scams for a multitude of reasons.
The given price is relevant and so a good sign plus you saw the bird yourself and have directly interacted/corresponded with the breeder multiple times.
Also, PC warriors relax, if the grammar and or language they are using to communicate and discuss various topics about the bird are clear, fluid, relevant, and specific, that is also a pretty classic indicator of someone legitimate versus those online scammers.

~~**BEAUTIFUL RARE MACA PARROT BIRD!!!**~~
Pay $600 only safe shipping for loving companion. Talk, dancing, with has fine feather!

You will quickly get the idea...:laugh::meh:
Congratulations and post photos when you can. :xflove:
Thank you so much for your response. If I could tell everyone to never send money to someone online, I'd shout it from the roof top. When I see a baby moluccan going for 800.00 thats a big scam. These birds are super expensive. But when I was looking I saw it time and time again. They want to only ship a bird thats a red flag for me as well. I only pick up. Yes, my bird couple run a bird store in Houston and they are great with birds even work with bad bird behaviors because someone didn't know what they were doing or getting themselves into. I feel people should have to take a class and pass it before they adopt/buy a bird....just my thoughts and feelings. :whw: