• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MaTTie saying hello

Del

Moving in
Real Name
Del
After finally registering here earlier today and posting in the Welcome Lane, MaTTie brought me (Del) over here to say hello to the members of her AG family.
IMG_1173.PNG

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Hes so handsome! I would never get arround to working with such a pretty boy arround.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Such a pretty bird :heart:

Del

Moving in
Real Name
Del
Thank you everyone and this is a short version of Mattie's short time and story with me. I posted this on the other forum due to a question wondering if i do make the TT in the middle of here name capitol letters. I do capitalize the middle Ts in the middle of her name. That will be a long post one day soon but very short version is I lost my TAG TT (I called her that as she only had 2 toes on her right foot) right after Thanksgiving. I don't necessarily believe in "signs" but a lady posted her the same day I lost TT. Then on top of that I saw her name had "TT" in the middle of it so I left 2 days later and drove 5 hours to get/rescue her as the lady giving her up had her in a 2x2 cage and very seldom let her out because she said she had to keep her caged as all MaTTie would do when out was bite. Basically she had been caged for the past 6 years but to the ladies credit she was fairly well taken care of.
Well in a little over 2 months, MaTTie has pretty much bonded with me and loves coming out. She's a good girl but still temperamental at times although she has never bit me other than to beak my fingers when I stop petting her. She has been an amazing bird and friend and there are times I wonder actually who rescued who.
T.T. was such an even tempered bird that from day one she was riding around on my shoulder and NEVER attempted to bite me. When I lost her as you all know, my heart was broken.
The evening I picked Mattie up I just said out loud, "T.T. you might have to help me with her," so who knows maybe she has.
MaTTie is truly an exceptional bird and the difference in her in just over 2 months is amazing.
When i went to get her she had no toys and had been in that cage a long time. I asked how long it had been since she had been out and the lady said it had been so long she wasn't even sure.
Mattie now has a cage full of toys that she actually enjoys playing with, has really taken to eating fresh veggies instead of a complete seed diet and seems to be adjusting even better than I could have ever imagined. Every time I walk back through the door now she perks right up and the first thing I usually hear is "hey baby". She even likes getting "misting showers" and as you can see, she loves to exercise her wings.
Most nights I let her out she will crawl down her cage onto a TV tray I put next to her cage. She'll walk right up to my left arm that I keep across the table to keep it steady and she will sit there as long as I will rub and pet her, sometimes 45 minutes. She lets me ruffle her head and neck feathers backward and forward, rub down the side of her face and neck and down her back and both wings... and no bites unless I stop petting, then just a soft beak to the fingers to say, "You're not finished yet." She's more than I could have hoped for especially hearing some stories of how any bird can be after having been cage bound for so long without a lot to do.
I'm sure I will have many questions along the way and won't hesitate to ask.
So now that is her and my short story and we are glad to meet all of you.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
MaTTie is really beautiful :heart: it sounds like it was faith! Glad you could give MaTTie such a great new home :joyful:

Del

Moving in
Real Name
Del
Thank you guys for the kind words. I intend to try to give her the best life I possibly can and let her put the past in the rear view mirror. Seems like she is well on her way.
Honestly my profile picture is probably my favorite of her because it lets me sit back and smile watching her hold on and exercise her wings. Her old cage she wouldn't have been able to spread her wings (which she can and does in her new home) and when she crawls out and does that it's almost like you can see her smiling when she does it. Heck, I think she enjoys doing it even more than I do watching her.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Mattie is a gorgeous girl and looking very healthy.
Sounds like she is going to enjoy her forever home.

Tinker says Good Morning from his window perch.