• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mating Season...

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Our ladybird Zephyr has been ringing in the Spring with thirty minutes to an hour of lusty screaming each morning! Ha! :shocked4: She is also doing her sexy dances for my partner, her chosen mate, and making that little purring/growling "come hither" noise. I've found I'm needing to bath her more often and force her off her cage to fly around the house a little and work off some of her excess passion, lol, as well as extra time in the backyard in her travel cage to get her some fresh air and a change of scenery. When I'm giving her a bath I'm kind of reminded of hosing down dogs trying to mate... literally dousing the flames of her ardor! Are your Pi's also gettin' in the mood this month? What are your tips and tricks for surviving this special time of year???

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mizzely

@fashionfobie I know you are oretty strong on mating w/ different species & being their own special little parrot group, I thought I'd throw this one @ you in the event, you have some input. If I'm wrong, sorry I wasted your time!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@fashionfobie I know you are oretty strong on mating w/ different species & being their own special little parrot group, I thought I'd throw this one @ you in the event, you have some input. If I'm wrong, sorry I wasted your time!
I am a little confused about what you mean :) Can you ask it another way :bighug:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tips & Tricks to dealing w/ mating season for Pi's.

----
@nostro's above question of...

What are your tips and tricks for surviving this special time of year???