• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Mating and being aggressive towards each other ?

Itsjayjay

Moving in
Real Name
Jenine castaneda
I have two GCC breeds and looks like they are mating, male Paulie he is about 4 years old, we got him a companion about 2 years ago Phoebe. Seems lien she is now ready to mate and they are having a blast. Very bonded to each other. I’m worried that lately I have seen Paulies wing hurt, is this normal? Maybe she is being aggressive with him?
meh seems to be fine other thanome of his wings is swollen. He still goes back to her and they continue to do their thing.
A few days ago I had to remove a damaged blood feather, void this be a cause of swelling also?
I’m worried, any feed back is appreciated, thank you !

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Duh , looked it up thank you!
Lol..... that saves me explaining it!
I remember the first time I saw BUMP on one of my threads I walked off for a bit trying to understand how I should feel and react about someone responding with such a weird unhelpful word :confused: :roflmao:

Itsjayjay

Moving in
Real Name
Jenine castaneda
Lol..... that saves me explaining it!
I remember the first time I saw BUMP on one of my threads I walked off for a bit trying to understand how I should feel and react about someone responding with such a weird unhelpful word :confused: :roflmao:
Lol I panicked a bit , lol but yes thank you !! :cool::D

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Janine :)

Maybe they fell while mating on a perch, maybe an accident during out of cage time, maybe she bit him...

I think it is best you see your vet and get it checked out. In the meantime, keep a close eye on them and watch for any agressive behaviour from her toward him.

Itsjayjay

Moving in
Real Name
Jenine castaneda
Welcome to the Avenue Janine :)

Maybe they fell while mating on a perch, maybe an accident during out of cage time, maybe she bit him...

I think it is best you see your vet and get it checked out. In the meantime, keep a close eye on them and watch for any agressive behaviour from her toward him.
Thank you!
he woke up this morning crying, Icleaned his wound again. And have called many vets, they can not see him until Thursday

Itsjayjay

Moving in
Real Name
Jenine castaneda
Is he bleeding?
I took him to the vet yesterday as emergency and she cleaned and trimmed some feathers that maybe bothering him. She asked to not clean or put any more ointment. She did give him some medicine for pain and swelling. Now I’m just concerned he has been picking at it more. I have tried to get some of other blood off but it is drying and at the same time he continues to want to poke at it . Not sure it I should clean the dry blood or just let it dry up and heal. ver want to see him again in a week