• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Marzipan threw up clear liquid

Paintz

Moving in
He has done this before once, when he (presumably) had a bacterial infection, but nothing came up on the tests. he seems okay, playing around like usual. Maybe he's stressed because someone was in the house earlier? maybe he licked adhesive or something off my computer mouse, or something?

He puked when I had picked him off of the floor. Did I maybe scare him by scooping him up and make him puke maybe? Also, my friend stayed the night and handled him a little, maybe he's a little stressed from that?

I have Baytril in my fridge still from when he was sick, but I don't want to risk him getting sick if he isn't. I should note that nobody in my state offers emergency hours for exotic animals--my only real source of help right now if I'm lucky is his breeder. Maybe I'm overreacting? He's eating and drinking regularly, should I worry much? Opinions would be appreciated, thanks!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Did you see him vomit? Has he vomited any more since you posted? If he's acting okay, you can probably wait until tomorrow and call your vet. I hope it's nothing serious!

Paintz

Moving in
He seems okay now and he hasn't puked since, but yes, i saw him throw up! I was on the phone with my sister and he flew onto the ground so i put him back on top of his cage as I have a tendency to pace. Maybe I picked him up too fast and upset his stomach, because he is chirping and bouncing again.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I hope it is nothing serious! I don't think it is if je is acting normal, but you never know! Sending positive thoughts your way, and keep us updated if it gets worse/when you have been to the vet!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just watch him, if he does it again or acts off,,,then best to be safe.. on a side note, please don't use old medicine .

Paintz

Moving in
Update! I went to the vet today and they agreed he's gonna be okay. he's kinda just playing around like usual now!

On a side note I'd like to note that the medicine isn't expired-- He got sick a couple months ago, which is why I kept the medicine in case he ever needed more. Sorry for wording it weird!! Thank you all for help!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Glad to hear he is going to be okay.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue