• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Marvel's showing me her full vocabulary...

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
at 7:00 PM when she was put to bed at 4:30! She was allowed to bite my aunt yesterday and whenever she gets a bite in she's flared up and unhandleable for a few days (won't even work for treats, she gets perma-pinned and refuses to do anything but the caique war dance and her "horny honk" as we call it, and scream for attention of course!), also gets really hormonal and refuses to sleep. (hence the early bedtime, hopefully she actually falls asleep by her "normal" bedtime of 7:30)

I've confirmed she can't hear the kids playing downstairs but she was still screaming for 2 hours in pitch darkness and silence. Anyhow, that is a weird behavior quirk and not what this thread is about (if it continues another night that's when I'll worry, but this was expected) When I came in it transitioned to talking and laughing, and now since neither of us are about to sleep I'm just writing down everything she is saying! Yes, clearly caiques CAN be awesome talkers!

Noises
Wolf whistle
Water dripping
Clicking a Clicker
Laughing
"Evil Laugh" (she does it slowly at a lower pitch)
Vacuum cleaner
Laser noises
Duck quacking

Words
Marvel
Hiii
What?
Wooo!
Wohooo!
Hello
Goodbye
Oh
Pretty Bird!
Pretty Marvel
What a pretty bird!
What a Marvel!
What a bird!
What a what a what a *whistle*
A bunch of talking that I couldn't make out, she does a lot of words in a deep gravelly voice (kinda like a budgie)

I wish she wouldn't be so vocal at night but it's kinda cool, I've heard a lot from her that I've never heard before

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We're waiting for videos... Plzzzzzzz

A.K

Videos pleaaassee…

Marvel_ous

Real Name
Trinity
Tomorrow night i'll see if i can catch her ramblings- she doesn't talk nearly as much during the day!
Her voice is so funny, I'll post a video if I can

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
Mango is not a talker. He looks like he wants to but that may be my wishful thinking. He does whistle the 'tones' of the words I try to teach him. But so far, nothing.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Curious, how old is Marvel?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Such a big vocabulary set!

Reactions: A.K

dutchlings

Meeting neighbors
Mango is not a talker. He looks like he wants to but that may be my wishful thinking. He does whistle the 'tones' of the words I try to teach him. But so far, nothing.
That’s how all of Blaze’s words/phrases started out! He would imitate the tones and it would be so unclear that we thought we were imagining things... then one day he would say the word(s) crystal clear and just start randomly repeating it throughout the day, every day.

Marvel_ous

Real Name
Trinity
Curious, how old is Marvel?
She is 20, I'm at least her fourth home
She isn't super vocal tonight, unfortunately, just honking/squeaking

She doesn't talk much during the day for me and doesn't seem to use words in context, she's more a chatterer and gets very chatty when killing the latest item she's decided must die, or when she doesn't want to go to bed

WBCmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karen
That’s how all of Blaze’s words/phrases started out! He would imitate the tones and it would be so unclear that we thought we were imagining things... then one day he would say the word(s) crystal clear and just start randomly repeating it throughout the day, every day.

So there is hope ! :bounce4::smileflower:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I havent tried to teach mine(12 and counting) to talk, but I do know the best time for mine is early afternoon when theyre very chatty. They will talk rubbish for hours and sing along with the TV etc