• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mark Has A New Friend!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I went and got Mark's new friend yesterday! He was a friendly little budgie looking for a new home from someone on Craigslist. We got him at a park so I considered naming him Park (short for Parker and it rhymes with Mark) but that's kind of cheesy:wacky: So he's unnamed/Parker until something better comes along. He's 4 months old, but he seems bigger than Mark who's around 8 months:)
He's in quarantine (I debated this for a while) for now in a parakeet cage from Petco. I am still uncertain about quarantine, but I'm giving it a go. Here's some pics of the new budgie & also Mark. I can't wait until they get comfortable and start to play! He's already SO CUTE!:heart:

Also, someone in a past thread mentioned mutations, but I can't find that thread anymore, I looked it up a tiny bit and figured out Mark might be the mutation that never gets whites to his eyes! Reference the bottom pic to see the patches on his back.

20191118_113207.jpg 20191118_113210.jpg 20191117_110956.jpg 20191117_111002.jpg 20191115_113308.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations :starshower1:

Please do stick with the quarantine, Mark has to be your priority and you should do your best to keep him safe.
You can use this period to spend some one on one time with the new guy before introducing him to Mark, build a bit of a relationship :)

It´s sad that someone is already rehoming this little guy at only 4 months old, but I´m glad you opened your home to him :hug9:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are both adorable. I know quarantine is difficult, but as Zara says - it's important! If Park/er comes down sick you don't want Mark to get it. Now I'm dying to know which mutation does not get white around their eyes... do you mean the feathers, or their irises? I guess feathers?

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations :starshower1:

Please do stick with the quarantine, Mark has to be your priority and you should do your best to keep him safe.
You can use this period to spend some one on one time with the new guy before introducing him to Mark, build a bit of a relationship :)

It´s sad that someone is already rehoming this little guy at only 4 months old, but I´m glad you opened your home to him :hug9:
I'll give it my best :)
Yeah, they didn't even name him. I was going to take in an untamed one no one wanted, but nothing was coming up close.

They are both adorable. I know quarantine is difficult, but as Zara says - it's important! If Park/er comes down sick you don't want Mark to get it. Now I'm dying to know which mutation does not get white around their eyes... do you mean the feathers, or their irises? I guess feathers?
:roflmao:Oh no, I mean irises. If you look at the picture, patches of missing unsymmetrical black seem to signify that he is a recessive pied, which don't get white around their irises. Or at least so I've been told.:lol:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
From my understanding, a dark eyed clear is a recessive pied and dominant pied budgie. That is, they are carrying two pied mutations.

And yea, the little one looks like a goldenface recessive pied!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:roflmao:Oh no, I mean irises. If you look at the picture, patches of missing unsymmetrical black seem to signify that he is a recessive pied, which don't get white around their irises. Or at least so I've been told.:lol:
OHHH - okay! I think I was seeing Mark's little eyelid thinking it was an iris ring!
Now... Fergus says thank you (NOT) to you, :rofl: for Mommy getting her magnifying glass and PEERING in their cage intently like a predator... I DON'T KNOW if I'm seeing his eyelid, or an iris ring now! I guess it's an iris ring...
OMG... I don't know!

FERGUS AND FIONA JANUARY 2018.jpg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If it helps.... :)

Eye-ring - skin/flesh around the eye

Iris ring - the color around the pupil. In some birds and mutations, the iris is the same color as the pupil