• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

March 2023 Mayor of the Avenue... Emma&pico

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Our "Mayor of the Avenue" award is presented to a member who exhibits the qualities that distinguish them to be an upstanding credit to the Avenue, a loving, informed, conscientious and caring bird parront and an all around good neighbor.

I am happy to announce that Emma&pico is March's Mayor of the Month.
I enjoyed reading your interview, and am sure that everyone else will as well!

1. What kind of birds do you have (age, species and names)?

I have 4 lovebirds pico indie mango and apple pie
I have a green check conure too that I am looking after for a friend to I think will be staying olive

2. What got you interested in birds?

I’ve always loved animals had dogs all my life hamsters when younger, but is was Henry a budgie that got me into birds at a pet shop he came to front of cage for me and my son and kept licking our fingers

3. What have your birds brought to your life?

my birds have brought so much they are my stress relief just to go into birds shop cleaning them out teaching them tricks just spending time watching them playing making toys for them just gives me a place to destess

4. What have you learned from sharing your life with your birds?

I’ve learnt patience they definitely don’t do anything they don’t want it’s on their terms

5. What's one birdie memory that will stay with you forever?

pico after 1year and a bit letting me scratch his head every time I open pico and indie cages they just flys straight to me or they come to me while out just to sit and chat it’s just that feeling of knowing I’ve done a good job of caring for them and they trust me

6. Where is your birds main living area?

they have a bird room in spare bedroom

7. Did you change things in your home to accommodate your birds and if so what kinds of things did you change?

8. Are you involved in any kind of bird related group or activities?

no other groups just this amazing place

9. What is the one luxury item you would love to have for your bird(s)?

would love a big bird Avery outside f fear summer months but scares me getting them in and out safely

10. Is there any bird that you dream of owning and if so why?

my dream bird was a green check conure just something about their little faces but lovebirds will always be my favourite birds

11. Describe a typical day with you at home with your birds.

I open curtains in morning change food and water bowls take my daughter to school have breakfast then let them out of their cages hoover room spot clean etc give treats fill up their foraging toys play and chat offer them a bath while they are happy preening Igo tidy up downstairs normal pico comes down with me
Do back in with some veggies etc for lunch normally have to change water bowls again we do a few tricks recall for treats
Normally fill up there foraging toys in their cages and put them back about 3 then get my daughter from school
Change their water check their food before lights out at 8

12. What have you learned about owning birds that you would like to share?

I’ve learnt that with time patience and being calm going at their pace you can have an amazing bond with birds 3 out of my four are parent raised birds and when they come to me and see me as part of their flock it gives me so much pride

13. If you knew then what you know now about birds, what would you do differently?

no I don’t think I would I love my little flock and there’s nothing I would change
My only wish is I wish I had know things like pellets fresh veggies when I had Henry my budgie he was a seed only bird 8/9years ago when he passed at about 8 maybe if I knew more he would have been around longer

14. What other hobbies do you have?

I love walks in country side with my dogs I love my job as a dementia carer I love spending time with my daughter swimming love watching ghost stuff films tv series

15. Anything else you would like to share?

I would just like to share that I love this forum love the information everyone shares and love seeing and hearing about other peoples birds and experiences 1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:yah: Congratulations! Loved reading the interview. You have such an adorable flock!:heart:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
:congrats5:
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yay Emma!! You are so wonderful and thoughtful to all. I'm so impressed with you love birds! The tricks you've taught them !!!
Love your bird room and spoiled birdies !

Congratulations!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Beautiful flock! Congrats! :starshower1:

Tyrion