• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mamma's Girl Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
ok, a coon as a pet? :huh: That's new to me. I'm a city boy! :hehe: And how do you go about teaching it to fish and forage?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
ok, a coon as a pet? :huh: That's new to me. I'm a city boy! :hehe: And how do you go about teaching it to fish and forage?
well AJ, hubby brings me all kind of things :lol:

and to answer your question, demonstration is the best teacher - I have a small wading pool to put in her outside enclosure - will start with a few minnows and go from there, it won't take her long to catch on - she is amazingly smart!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Vickie, I am going to try to release her - we are building an enclosed pen inside the chicken/goat pen and I will be teaching her how to fish and dig for bugs.

If she does not take to it, she has a forever home here :heart:
I would love for you to keep us posted on how that goes. It's great to know that she can stay there forever if she needs to. I have done a lot of rescue, but never wildlife rehab like that. That, to me, would be harder to let them go than placing a pet into another home.

So, once she reaches maturity they can get fairly aggressive right? Do you just have to build her a habitat and she will be hands off or will she be able to continue to live inside and be handled and stuff?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they actually do not get that aggressive except during mating season - the males are worse, the females actually get very 'loving' for a couple of weeks and then temperamental for a few days, this is usually once a year so we will just go with the flow during that time.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
She is so adorable. We have them all over here, and I love it when the babies are running around in the Spring. They is just hardly nothing cuter than a baby Raccoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.