• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

male vs female galah / rose-breasted

bonjourtok

Meeting neighbors
Any opinions on the temperaments of male vs female galahs? They've been a dream breed of mine for awhile and I have the opportunity to adopt a male baby. Thanks for any opinons!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
@Lexusblond has two galahs. We also have a The Good, the Bad and the Ugly about Small Cockatoos thread that might give you some insights. There is a stereotype that female cockatoos are less aggressive and sweeter, but it really varies between birds.

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Hello from Miss Madeleine and Gerry Berry....Galahs by definition are completely nuts, off the wall and have larger then life personalities! :ohdrama: both my little munchkins are resuces so their personalities reflect that with a whole lot of baggage, Madeleine has the most and also has the biggest personality and for record is a boy but is happy being a girl so we are non-binary. Like all males their only goal in life is to breed and to breed you a lady so everything they do is for this end goal. Getting one too young and you will have a mother son relationship which means you will go through a period of him hating you, if can handle that then go for. Madeleine came to me once she was weaned so thinks of me as a friend so we dont have as many tantrums but we still get them, like I have to wear my hair up and plaited, she goes nuts if its down, manly because I generally only put my hair when I leave house, they are very smart!

Gerry berry or Gerbear is my darling little girl yes she is super sweet, loving, kind and gentle but like all girls can snap at any moment and turn into a pretty lady from hell...:devil: so inconclusion I think it comes down to your personality and whether your a girlie girl or a tom boy, me I'm a bit of tom boy and find male company better than female in the main so I would choose a boy. I hope have answered your question my brain is not working properly as I got covid a few days ago and its really taking hold...:crycry2::ohdrama::fantasy: and of course I can't keave without a pic.... 20220124_180815_remastered.jpg