• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male or Female Budgie?

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
So one of my friends contacted me today to let me know that she found a budgie outside of her work today and managed to catch it, so we are trying to find it's owner, but are not having any luck yet. I have been looking to eventually add another female budgie to my budgie flock so that I can even out my budgie numbers to 4 (2 males, 2 females) so if we do not end up finding its owner I will probably go ahead and give it a home. I don't think it could have been outside for very long, because it has been pretty cold in the evenings and only reaching highs around 40-50 degrees farenheit during the day. I'm almost 100% sure it is a female. The cere looks like it is a female to me, but I always second guess myself, so what do y'all think, male or female?

Resized_20210301_181412_capture.jpg

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
This is a female.
Thank you for rescuing her from the outdoors! Hopefully her owner is found and she can go back home.

otherwise, congrats on your new bird!
Thank you for verifying that she is a female! I hope the owner is found too and I hope she wasn't purposely released because someone didn't want her. If her owners are unfortunately not found, there's no doubt she will find a loving home in with my flock though! Around how old do you think she might be? Going off of the pictures my friend sent me, I was guessing under 6 months, does that seem close?

TheMacDadd

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ahmad
So one of my friends contacted me today to let me know that she found a budgie outside of her work today and managed to catch it, so we are trying to find it's owner, but are not having any luck yet. I have been looking to eventually add another female budgie to my budgie flock so that I can even out my budgie numbers to 4 (2 males, 2 females) so if we do not end up finding its owner I will probably go ahead and give it a home. I don't think it could have been outside for very long, because it has been pretty cold in the evenings and only reaching highs around 40-50 degrees farenheit during the day. I'm almost 100% sure it is a female. The cere looks like it is a female to me, but I always second guess myself, so what do y'all think, male or female?

View attachment 375086
100% female budgie.

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Definitely a girl. She's such a cutie. It's a good thing your friend found her!