• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male or Female blue front amazon

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I doubt you're ever going to find an amazon of ANY type without SOME personality! :laughin:

It's more common it MAY not be a personality you love or even like, ESPECIALLY, with the types that @aooratrix has mentioned. These species tend to lean towards the MOST aggressive of Amazon's, so I've been told. They can be down right mean & angry & ALL the time, as I understand it.... HUGE personality! ;)

But with that being said, some of our AA members have the Zon's in these partiqular species & they claim they're the sweetest around. Just like us... Crazy humans, they're each individual's in their own right. If I was going to pick a new bird & didn't care about mating or breeding them (which, I don't even want another)....

I'd go to a santuary or adoption center (these guys live to 50-60 yrs old. I'd go find a bird that gelled with me. One that I loved & leaned towards cooperation with me.... I would maybe lean towards an amazon again... but from there... I'd let them pick me! Far more important to me personally! Buddy actually picked my daughter initially he got me & maybe her if I pass from this world. It took me forever to gain his trust & respect. I would much rather have that right away.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Love Amazons. I had a super sweet one that passed away and I have Secret.

MC gave me reason to hope that Secret would mellow. Still hoping . . . .

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
2012 or 2011....

There's a picture of Secret dated 1978 that I found.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Hope still lives. I can skritch the bird with my hand when she's out of the cage......sometimes she doesn't try to eat me!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Just saw the thread title again.

Secret is a DNA male blue front. I call Secret a "her" because she was smaller in build than the other Amazon, so we assumed female. It's stuck in my brain but DNA showed both birds to be male.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Howard's a girl! Lol