• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male mate for masked lovebird

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I have a 2+ year old masked love bird. She is a beautiful female and 2 days ago laid 2 eggs for the first time. My question is if someone has a male love bird that would share that mate for few days and if we succeed with babies we could share.
I'm having trouble understanding what your asking for.

It can be very stressful for a female to raise chicks on her own. I doubt any AA members are willing to "Share" a bird for breeding.

Are the eggs fertile?
Is this your first time breeding?
Is this your first bird?

I would also like to point out that birds need natural wood perches and more toys instead of having such a plain cage.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Your birds are not like dogs and cats where the mum is left to happily raise the babies alone.
It is too stressful for a lone bird to raise young so it’s not recommended even if the birds who are strangers do actually mate rather than fight or avoid each other.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
This sounds like trouble waiting to happen.

A male bird can’t really stud the way a dog can - it can take months sometimes for a male and female to actually get along, let alone mate.

Have you ever raised chicks before? Do you have a backup plan if she decides not to parent them? Can you hand feed? Do you have an incubator? Do you have a proper heat light for after they hatch? Do you have a vet? What if she gets egg bound?

Breeding isn’t just throwing two birds together and saying “go for it” - it can be really hard and heartbreaking, not just for you but for your pets.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:mtyu: Welcome! I hope you stick around. :)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign: