• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male budgie regurgitates for other male budgie?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
My budgie Oliver regurgitates a lot for my other male (?) Budgie Winston. He also bobs his head and gets very excited to see Winston. Oliver often kisses Winston's beak too. I am pretty sure Winston is a boy because his cere is pink like a young male, but, it is almost his first birthday and his cere hasn't changes colour at all. Could Winston be a girl and Oliver is trying to impress her? Or could this just be brotherly love?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Birds are known to be in same sex bonded pairs just as often as opposite sex bonded pairs. One bird feeding another is never an indication they are of the opposite sex. It is no big deal and fairly common. The main thing is that they get along which they must do otherwise one would not feed the other. :)

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Birds are known to be in same sex bonded pairs just as often as opposite sex bonded pairs. One bird feeding another is never an indication they are of the opposite sex. It is no big deal and fairly common. The main thing is that they get along which they must do otherwise one would not feed the other. :)
Thank you for the quick response :) I hope that Winston is a male and this helps, but I'm still waiting for his cere to change to make sure

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I've already responded to the pm but for those watching this thread he's a boy.

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
Male/Male and Female/Female relationships in the bird world are just as common as ones in the human world!

Your budgies are very cute. :cloud9:

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
the pink cered male is a rec pied male his cere will always be pink