• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male Amazon needs special person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
So any luck or have you decided to wait and see how things go for a bit?

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Redindiaink, isn't Ross lake near me? I thought it was about 1&1/2 hours east of me. We could meet and you coud see her. She does not get along with male birds, being an alpha male "her" self.

Can you pm me and give details of your situation?

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Terry, she always picked on Talia (since I gave her food and hugged her, or course), but she really stepped it up when T became tller and more grown up. Now T is very afraid of her, and I have to say, an angry amazon is a different sort of threat level than a pi. T is not a big bird person, and not an angry bird whisperer. If I had a scrappy bird and a scrappy kid I would not worry, but she's not up for it. She is the reason Dob is so accepting, but she can't handle Prinicpessa level aggression.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Sylvester, she was fine with non-dominant male pi's and female birds. Any dominant male, from the rescued Greenwing macaw to a grasskeet, she was great with. I feel it would be a mistake to put her with dominant males.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Clueless, yes, every bird I have had to say goodbye to is still in my heart and I think of them often. They say parrots are the loneliest animals because they never stop looking for you, and I think we are the same way. Exactly the same with my dogs. Not one is ever far from me in thought.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I can certainly understand the massive aggression thing as you know with the way Lurch started out. A bigger version of him with the same attitude would be a very scary thing and he certainly was scary when he was in full on Kamikaze mode flying at you with blood in his eyes. Dobby is like, NO, I'll just back off or run away and maybe give you the I COULD bite fluff but he doesn't really try to bite so far.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Lol Dobby. He's such a big bluff! Yes, on a larger scale, he'd be fearsome. Let's not tell him how it really is ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.