• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Making a corn bread mix for skylar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am going to try both ways.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I am going to try to make it from sctatch we will see how it turns out. Hopefully he will eat it.

I am going to stuff it full of vegys fruits and seeds and pellet to try to get him on something besides seed thats all he will touch right now
i use my emagenation..lol 1 to 1 cornmeal flour i have 12 grain flour 7 grain flour rye flour brown flour i use all with the corn meal no white
i use corn oil as to me its the best i can get or vegetable i spray my pans so dont need much oil
truth is i never mesure if you have hot peppers add them ifnot cianpepper mango likes his dry not moist if first time doing add a little more flour to some to have it dryer
you can see then which your bird likes best for dry dont pure veg chop
pure keeps it moist im finding
hope this helps oh wash eggs well

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
If he doesn't eat it the first time, don't give up. I foster a M2 that would pitch the bread first thing..LOL I kept offering and after a while she started nibbling and found out she really liked it! It then became her favorite thing!

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
is there a trick to get them to try something.

Like with buns you aggravate them tell they bite it and realize they like it if they wont eat something

Status
Not open for further replies.