• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Makes weird sound after bath

Beakz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
My girlie loves her baths (which she usually has under the running sink water) I’ve noticed lately that she makes a wheezy sound? Like if she aspirated water, she’s done this a couple times and it really scares me, and after this happens she wants to continue bathing and will throw a fit, today she was wheezing and I turned off the sink then she started sneezing and regurgitated a bit, a few moments after that she was back to normal. It’s such a weird thing, is this something I should worry about?

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
Sometimes, Poppy gets water in her nose and makes a sort of wheezy, snorty sound until she sneezes it out. You mentioned regurgitation, are you sure it's not vomiting instead? Regurgitation is controlled, but vomiting is much more violent (usually involving a head shake in which the bird expells vomit everywhere).

Beakz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
Sometimes, Poppy gets water in her nose and makes a sort of wheezy, snorty sound until she sneezes it out. You mentioned regurgitation, are you sure it's not vomiting instead? Regurgitation is controlled, but vomiting is much more violent (usually involving a head shake in which the bird expells vomit everywhere).
It look like regurgitation, she got a bit of food out and was fine, I feel like maybe she did it because she was having trouble breathing with the water? I don’t know really I could be wrong

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
It look like regurgitation, she got a bit of food out and was fine, I feel like maybe she did it because she was having trouble breathing with the water? I don’t know really I could be wrong
I'm not sure either. If the noise has gone away, I wouldn't worry too much. She was probably able to clear whatever it was just fine. If it happens again, maybe try to get a video of it to share here or with a vet.

Beakz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
I'm not sure either. If the noise has gone away, I wouldn't worry too much. She was probably able to clear whatever it was just fine. If it happens again, maybe try to get a video of it to share here or with a vet.
It seems to happen every time after a bath. I’ll see if I can get a video next time!