• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MAJOR AND MASON RAN AWAY FROM HOME!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a relief!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very thankful you found them.

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Yeah

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Whoops - sorry, I must've missed it when you said that they were in lost and found.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I’m panicking right now. My sister forgot to close the gate door in the backyard and when I let them out they unfortunately got out. I’m really stressed out, and last time this happened they came home because they remembered the way home. It took a whole night for them to come home. They were scared to death. Now it’s happening all over again accept... I don’t know if I’ll get them back this time. :sad11:
The last words I said to them before they ran away was, Bye boys! I’m going to shower. See you tomorrow. Now I don’t know if I’ll see them tomorrow, or ever again. Harper hates them so he doesn’t care but I’m really stressed and upset about all this. Why did it have to happen the day before Easter? I’m really sad and stressed right now. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Hi Ania,
Sorry this has happened. If I may offer up a suggestion, as I been through this a few times in past. One, birds have keen eye sight, they look for familiarity, like their safe spot.
Place their cage out side, in backyard. Theirs a 50/50 chance they'll see and recognize it and fly back to it. Second, From my experience, they don't go far. Usually within a quarter mile radius.
They may seem to have flown way off, but they always circle back around and come within range of home.
There is a big possibility they are close by. Within an 1/8 to a quarter mile.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Ania,
Sorry this has happened. If I may offer up a suggestion, as I been through this a few times in past. One, birds have keen eye sight, they look for familiarity, like their safe spot.
Place their cage out side, in backyard. Theirs a 50/50 chance they'll see and recognize it and fly back to it. Second, From my experience, they don't go far. Usually within a quarter mile radius.
They may seem to have flown way off, but they always circle back around and come within range of home.
There is a big possibility they are close by. Within an 1/8 to a quarter mile.

Michael, there are dogs ;)
Also ,they´ve been located thankfully

We went on Facebook and found them on the lost and found area. We went to the home they were at and took them home.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Michael, there are dogs ;)
Also ,they´ve been located thankfully

:bash:
As Gilda Radner ( former Saturday night live ) would say....".Oooooohhhhhhhh!?!? Never Mind...! "
If you loose dogs just fire up the grill and throw a steak on it...you'll find your dogs and the rest of them in community!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:lol:Heck, all the dogs would be escaping their homes for that!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Awesome! That is wonderful news!!!