• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mackenzie update...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So Mackenzie has been at my home for 5 days now in my bedroom under quarantine...She is doing very well but seems abit lonely even though I spend a lot of time with her ..I guess coming from a rescue with lots of birds and noise to a home that is quite most of the time has stressed her out .. She is eating very well and loves her chop and fruit ..I am trying to change her over to Tops pellets from fruity ones and she is doing well with this ..the rescue gave me a lil bag of the pellets she was eating so I am mixing these with my seed/nuts mixture and Tops ... She is very friendly but still a no hands bird which I think is ok for now I dont want to stress her out anymore then she already is... every morning she will whistle and call while Im getting ready for work and then isnt to interested during the day unless my mom whistles and calls to her .. Tyrion my grey has already started to mimic her voice when she talks and whistles back to her ... Lagatha my other Amazon just calls to her ..The biggest problem I am having is my dog Torrhen he is jealous of her being in my bedroom I think he is constantly going down the hall to my room and watching her through the doggie gate ..when I let him in the bedroom to see her he is very aggressive toward her and tries to jump at the cage which promptly gets his butt thrown out of the room...he isnt like this with the other birds out in the living room he could care less about them ..but Mackenzie he almost thinks she should not be there and is a lil bit of a jerk toward her..so we are just taking it slow with him and letting him approach her with a watchful eye she doesnt seem to mind him or the other dogs and cats ..its like she is almost use to them but Torrhen needs to chill .. :D

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so lovely,so glad that she's fitting in well.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a gorgeous girl! Just curious, can grey and Amazon be housed together?

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well they shouldnt be caged together but I have my Amazon and Grey in my living room with an air purifier and they are in sperate cages ..so Mackenzie will go in the living room in the opposite corner of Tyrion my grey once she has cleared quarantine ;)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
She is so pretty.

Birds4evr

Meeting neighbors
she's beautiful. Keep sending updates! and pics!

Dania

Strolling the yard
She’s beautiful.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
She looks like a sweety!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well I moved Mackenzie to the living room over the last weekend and she is doing well ..she is voicing her opinions less but I think thats due to moving ..she is playing with her toys more which Im loving ...she is eating and drinking well but seems to dislike her sprouts but I think this is the first time she has had them .. she is eating her fruits and veggies well but doest seem to like the tops pellets but Im sure this will come in time ..the majority of her food is whole fresh foods which she chows down on ..I tried to let her out of her cage over the weekend but she didnt come out and I think this will get better over time..Lagatha is very interested in her and actually flew over to her cage on Sunday and Mackenzie wasnt in to that as all ..Tyrion doesnt seem very interested in her but does talk to whistle to her often ...Mackenzie seems to get integrating well into the flock which I like but its going to take time .. :)

Attachments

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well I moved Mackenzie to the living room over the last weekend and she is doing well ..she is voicing her opinions less but I think thats due to moving ..she is playing with her toys more which Im loving ...she is eating and drinking well but seems to dislike her sprouts but I think this is the first time she has had them .. she is eating her fruits and veggies well but doest seem to like the tops pellets but Im sure this will come in time ..the majority of her food is whole fresh foods which she chows down on ..I tried to let her out of her cage over the weekend but she didnt come out and I think this will get better over time..Lagatha is very interested in her and actually flew over to her cage on Sunday and Mackenzie wasnt in to that as all ..Tyrion doesnt seem very interested in her but does talk to whistle to her often ...Mackenzie seems to get integrating well into the flock which I like but its going to take time .. :)
How has miss MacKenzie been doing? I was just thinking about yall and wondering how things were going?

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Oh man where do I start ..she is such a talker Im not even sure if we have heard all the words she has to say ..she loves to whistle back and forth with my mom ...She is eating really well but has yet to let me touch her ..she is interested in it but isnt sure about it ...She has come out of her cage abit but doesnt stay out long ..She loves calling to the other birds ..She is a great extension to our family :laughing12:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh man where do I start ..she is such a talker Im not even sure if we have heard all the words she has to say ..she loves to whistle back and forth with my mom ...She is eating really well but has yet to let me touch her ..she is interested in it but isnt sure about it ...She has come out of her cage abit but doesnt stay out long ..She loves calling to the other birds ..She is a great extension to our family :laughing12:
Aww she sounds lovely,I'm so glad she's fitting in well. Any new pics?

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can we get some video, please

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well taking video seems impossible but Im still trying... She is fitting in wonderfully with my other birds they talk and call back and forth all the time its really is funny how they interact with each other... She always comes up with new things to say and she is now singing some sort of song I havent been about to identify it but it sounds lovely ... Still no luck with touching her but its coming everything in its own time for sure ... She is finally trying her chop which is great but seems to prefer larger pieces of veggies ..she is now fully changed over to Tops pellet which is mixed into the seed nut mix I mix myself ..she will take treats from me which is great .. We totally love this lady to bits :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC and Secret had their own opera. When one would stop, the other one would continue the tune. Truly miss my little buddy.

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
Sounds like Mackenzie will be out and about in no time. It truly is remarkable to take in a bird into your home and watch it develop a trust with its new owners.

Would love to see pics or videos.