• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw supplies in Huntsville AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Riddle

Sprinting down the street
Heading on a little road trip to Huntsville Al. Anyone know of a good place close to there that sells macaw supplies? Toys, food, cages anything that a macaw might use?

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
The only bird store in Alabama that I know of is in Decatur, and its tiny. I mean it is literally a shack. While the lady does have large cages (though not macaw size) and macaw sized toys, I dont know about her prices. You can look but I have looked and looked and have found nothing. I used to live about an hour from Huntsville and never did find anything, sorry.

Hope Riddle

I keep finding the name Tweety Bird Avairy on hobbs rd in huntsville. Do you know what that is?

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I have never heard of that one, wow. I googled it and it looks to me like it is a bird store, how I never found it I dont know.

here is there homepage Tweety Bird Aviary

If you decide to visit and its any good, let me know.

Hope Riddle

Would not recomend the place. They did have a few cages and a play stand. Small selection of toys. Her birds were housed in a small room about 15x20. It was freezing cold. All of the birds were in cages way too small for them the room reeked. Cages looked fairly clean. Not sure where the smell came from. I was afrid to ask. Any way, prob won't go back.

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
The bird store in Decature is Nature Chest. It is tiny, but they do a lot of internet business, and they have a lot of toys and food in stock. They have a gorgeous hybrid macaw who comes to work with them. I can give you directions if you like. It's kind of hard to find, even though it's right off the main street. They may have cages in stock, but not on display. The store is too small. Prices are average.

Hope Riddle

The bird store in Decature is Nature Chest. It is tiny, but they do a lot of internet business, and they have a lot of toys and food in stock. They have a gorgeous hybrid macaw who comes to work with them. I can give you directions if you like. It's kind of hard to find, even though it's right off the main street. They may have cages in stock, but not on display. The store is too small. Prices are average.

I found that one on Google maps on my phone. But by the time we finished in Huntsville, The store was already closed. We went looking for several that I had found online but two of them were out of business. If you live in the area I wish you would go check out that Tweety Bird Aviary I found. I am not sure about the way those birds are living. I understand that if you are hand feeding a baby that they need smaller cages. But I don't think some of these were still being hand fed. Some of the cages didn't even have perches for the birds. I bet those poor babies just about froze to death last night as cold as it got. There was about 20 birds there and one of them was a scarlet and he/she was a plucker. But the poor thing didn't look to be very old. I just wanted to take all of them home with me. They were sad.:sad7: But I don't know a whole lot about the breeding process with these birds. I may be totally wrong. It just didn't seem like a healthy environment..

Status
Not open for further replies.