• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw room

ParrotJunkie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Davis
The crimsafe screen doors would be a perfect option unless you wanted a solid door.
Do you think mesh exterior doors would work? Like a metal frame then mesh. Can macaws destroy mesh that’s in a doorframe? if the mesh is anchored in a metal door frame and macaws beaks are too big to fit in the holes so I’m not sure lol.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am banking on the perforated aluminium mesh being ok as long as the beak is totally on one side, I have two ordered for my front and back doors lol- normal flywire mesh would be a simple thing for a macaw to break through but the sort I am looking at should be fine.

Of course if a gap under the door is large enough for a tiny bit of beak to get under then problems could happen lol

ParrotJunkie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Davis
I am banking on the perforated aluminium mesh being ok as long as the beak is totally on one side, I have two ordered for my front and back doors lol- normal flywire mesh would be a simple thing for a macaw to break through but the sort I am looking at should be fine.

Of course if a gap under the door is large enough for a tiny bit of beak to get under then problems could happen lol
Interesting! perhaps that’s a good alternative because metal/mesh exterior doors are definitely cheaper than say security metal doors for inside

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie has his own room but only goes in it to sleep lol.
He took over the kitchen.