• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw incubator and brooder

Jorge2006

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Jorge Gonzalez
Hi. Is there any recommendations for a reliable incubator and a brooder for parrots eggs? I tried the RCOM that was recommended by a friend but it does not keep the temp and humidity. Can’t trust them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Bumping this thread

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have not used them personally, but have heard good things about Inca incubators: Inca Incubators . @Laurie or @Irishj9 may have first hand knowledge.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Just jumping in to check here, are you intending to buy fertile eggs? If so they are almost 100% guaranteed to be a scam. Just making sure you don't find yourself out of pocket from a stupid scam.,

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just jumping in to check here, are you intending to buy fertile eggs? If so they are almost 100% guaranteed to be a scam. Just making sure you don't find yourself out of pocket from a stupid scam.,
Jorge has macaw breeder pairs.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I have an rcom as well. Not impressed

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I recently got an Inca and it is currently hosting it's first egg, this is a day 1 egg as the parents broke eggs last year so I haven't really tested it. We will know more in about a month. I will say it is simple to generate and maintain a consistent high level of humidity. I am shooting for 50% when my room air is at about 40% I am finding it difficult to get it just right. For the last day we are yo-yoing between 40-60% as I made adjustments. I am hoping it will be okay and average out. That being said I am getting closer to what I am aiming for. We will see.

I do have an electronic logging temperature/hygrometer so it should be easy to look back and see how steady it keeps things.

I will say that when I got it it was well packed but there was a small chip in the water tank. The company sent me a replacement tank and all is well.

If you are in the US I can recommend a good dealer who also gave impeccable service.

I have been fiddling with it to get it where I want it but so far it does seem to keep a steady temp and humidity (it's just getting the humidity set up that is an issue). The machine does not monitor or adjust the humidity so I imagine if your air changes humidity often you may have to fiddle with it.

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
I have an rcom as well. Not impressed
I was looking to get an r-com it seen them and brinsea are the only two ? Do you no why the rcoms have a negative ion feature ?

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I was looking to get an r-com it seen them and brinsea are the only two ? Do you no why the rcoms have a negative ion feature ?
Because humans are seduced to buy gadgets based on their 'features'. Or could it be that caique parents in the Amazon Basin have access to negative ions?

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
The Pro 20