• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw help!

Daucoin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
David
Sos,

My fiance, now my wife, and I rescued a beautiful blue Macaw about a year ago with little to no bird experience at all. We didnt necessarily want him, but found him stumble into our laps after discovering signs of abusive. He has been shy and is just starting to come around. However, as my wife and I are newly married and in the process of moving to our new home we are realizing he is more than we can handle. We do not necessarily have the right space for him, cannot donate the required time and attention to socialize with him, and are quickly losing patience with the ear splitting screams. We would really like to find him a good home with someone who really cares and has experience with these animals, but have been striking out. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

David

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Sos,

My fiance, now my wife, and I rescued a beautiful blue Macaw about a year ago with little to no bird experience at all. We didnt necessarily want him, but found him stumble into our laps after discovering signs of abusive. He has been shy and is just starting to come around. However, as my wife and I are newly married and in the process of moving to our new home we are realizing he is more than we can handle. We do not necessarily have the right space for him, cannot donate the required time and attention to socialize with him, and are quickly losing patience with the ear splitting screams. We would really like to find him a good home with someone who really cares and has experience with these animals, but have been striking out. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

David
Hey Dave, might help also to post pictures of the macaw.
It helps generate interest. I can understand not being in position to care for bird. From my understanding there is a few rescues around your area also that will help find it a good home. Worth checking into... But first post a picture here, we do have plenty of people here from all over that might take an interest in the bird.

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
PM me more information I might be interested. We have 5 Red Fronted Macaws, 1 Greencheek Conure, and 1 Black Headed Caique. We are near Beaumont, TX.

Daucoin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
David
As requested, please see some pictures below! I will also try to reach out to some of the local rescues as suggested, including Michelle. Thanks for all the replys and suggestions everyone! Also, Mitzi, I tried to send a PM. I think it went through as a private message, but not entirely sure so apologizes in advance if it posted public.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
PM me more information I might be interested. We have 5 Red Fronted Macaws, 1 Greencheek Conure, and 1 Black Headed Caique. We are near Beaumont, TX.
You can send a PM to David, however you can send him a message.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
As requested, please see some pictures below! I will also try to reach out to some of the local rescues as suggested, including Michelle. Thanks for all the replys and suggestions everyone! Also, Mitzi, I tried to send a PM. I think it went through as a private message, but not entirely sure so apologizes in advance if it posted public.
Ahhh nice looking B&G there dave!! You won't have any issues finding that gem a home. Sorry your finding it hard to care for it but understand.