• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw Check-In

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I like verdes. Pretty bird! Parrot daddy?

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
He/she is a beautiful macaw! Is he/she new?
Thanks.

She's one of the birds that survived the birdie apocalypse in Coombs BC. Someone who knew her original owner said she was hatched sometime in the summer of 2005 and has a sister. So far she's let me know she can say her name, waves hello and likes to say bahbabie! a lot. I thought I was hearing things when she meow'ed the other night. I've had a huge crush on her since the first time we met when I was told she doesn't like women. I didn't want to believe it. In the past year she's warmed up to a few macaw savy women, and I hope she will with me (who is so not macaw savy! Yet). Right now she waivers between being pretty chill to running circles around her cage when something startles her. I've been spoiling her rotten with walnuts and arrowroot cookies (they used them at the shelter for treats) when I come into the room and spending time just hanging out with her without making her engage me. She's really scared, and I think she's missing her flock.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Don't know if I ever counted in!!

We now have two blue and holds.

Both shelter birds who picked us. Max is my momma's boy an Titan is my daughter's, Victoria, riddick07 here in the forum.

Max is 29 this year, home about 4 years, Titan is around 17 I think and has been home about a month (but bonded to my daughter for many many months).

Max today needing snuggles afterhis Super Bird efforts.....

And Titan being like a drunk guy in the bar creep...

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Long time, no post! Was just browsing and realized Giacomo never checked in here. Hahn's Macaw, Giacomo, reporting in! He will be 19 years old in a few months.

07162017giacomo.png

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My male and female red-fronted macaws. That's as close as I'll get because they want to eat my phone.
They are both beautiful macaws.

Mac’s fm

Moving in
Real Name
Raine
I still can’t believe how beautiful this guy is he is super cranky and very nippy I have noticed more plucking I want nothing more then to make this guy happy but I’m not sure he is I know he is definitely getting more time out of his cage and I have bought several toys play bird music and videos I was super hopeful he’d be more friendly by now am I expecting too much too soon

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I still can’t believe how beautiful this guy is he is super cranky and very nippy I have noticed more plucking I want nothing more then to make this guy happy but I’m not sure he is I know he is definitely getting more time out of his cage and I have bought several toys play bird music and videos I was super hopeful he’d be more friendly by now am I expecting too much too soon
He's dealing with a lot of change right now and mourning the loss of his owner. Thank you so much for taking him in and I'm sure he'll come around when he is ready. Also, many birds are hormonal right now, so that might not be helping matters. My sweet Buzzy has been intermittently grouchy these past couple weeks.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen