• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw Check-In

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you ❤ It's good to see some familiar faces. It's taken a while to get to the point where I was willing to adopt another rehome. A.J.'s a sweet guy, shy, a bit bigger than Chloe.
Aw I can completely understand that especially considering that RFs have your heart and how special they are to you. Its hard to take that chance on an unknown rehome. He looks like he has a sweet face for sure.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hello all,
Just stopping by to introduce my newest addition: A.J. He's been here since August, but he's just now getting acclimated and really starting to relax a bit. He and Chloe are still not quite sure about each other.
View attachment 437134
He is stunning!

It is wonderful to hear from you again, and I hope that you are well!

howdymjm

Meeting neighbors
Hello all,
Just stopping by to introduce my newest addition: A.J. He's been here since August, but he's just now getting acclimated and really starting to relax a bit. He and Chloe are still not quite sure about each other.
View attachment 437134
he is so pretty. hope the two hit it off. do you know anything of his background? was he parent raise? many people think those acclimate to other birds quicker.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
AJ is gorgeous :heart:
Its so nice that you came to show us your new addirion. :)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
he is so pretty. hope the two hit it off. do you know anything of his background? was he parent raise? many people think those acclimate to other birds quicker.
Thank you! According to his previous owner, he was a handfed baby.

howdymjm

Meeting neighbors
do they interact together through their cages? how old are they both? am sure they are cute together. might take a while, but best of luck;)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
do they interact together through their cages? how old are they both? am sure they are cute together. might take a while, but best of luck;)
Chloe is never caged. And, yes, she interacts, all right. But, although she opens his cage door everyday, he never ventures out.

Chloe is 7 years old. A.J. is 6, according to his previous owner.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Chloe is never caged. And, yes, she interacts, all right. But, although she opens his cage door everyday, he never ventures out.

Chloe is 7 years old. A.J. is 6, according to his previous owner.
She opens it herself? Oh my goodness that's so sweet that she wants to encourage him to come out.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She opens it herself? Oh my goodness that's so sweet that she wants to encourage him to come out.
Oh yes, she tries to let everyone out! I have locks on the Illigers' cage. But, I would actually love it if A.J. would join her in freedom. So far, no dice. He prefers to stay in his safe space.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes, she tries to let everyone out! I have locks on the Illigers' cage. But, I would actually love it if A.J. would join her in freedom. So far, no dice. He prefers to stay in his safe space.
Bless his heart. I'm sure with her gentle encouragement that eventually he will be willing to take that first big step.

howdymjm

Meeting neighbors
try feel out previous owner on his environment. let him go at his own pace as you are doing. sure just the interaction between bars is entertaining to Chloe though. he shows an interest in her? great work.;)