• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Macaw- Bound egg after 17 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
That's wonderful news! So glad Littlebird had such a good outcome. Sounds like Luckybird did not miss a beat with her being away. Have a good rest of the week.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Oh Daria, Such great news! I am so glad all is well. I was thinking about you and Little bird all day. We definitely need some pics of that little girl.

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
That's great news.
When our pets are sick..we suffer.
I am glad she is back home.
How are the wild birds today...?

Sigrid

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:yah: glad to hear she is home again!!

let us know how she does

:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
This is great news! :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Woot Woot Yea Littlebird!!!!!!!!

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Littlebird is back to being mean again and ruling the roost so I guess that she is back to normal. I'll be away for 2-3 weeks in NY with dial up so no avian ave until I get back. A neighbor and friend will stock the feeder for the wild macaws and I took my flock to my daughter's yesterday. They all have perches that attach to the back of the car seat so they can look out the window . They love to ride in the car and cause traffic jams when cars pull up next to me at lights .

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Oh Daria, I would love to see them in your car. I bet people cannot believe their eyes. Don't you have 5 greenwings? Tooo funny. Have a great trip.

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
I am so glad that Littlebird is back to "normal" again.
Oh..we won't get update on the wild macaws for 3 weeks? :eek: I guess, we will have to cope.:huh: There is somebody in NY will dial-up??:p

Next time, you have your birds in your car..you have to take pictures from the outside. ...P l e a s e!!!!:dancing:

Have a great trip!

Sigrid

PS: I love New York. The people were so friendly. All we had to do is look at a building and somebody explained what it was. :highfive:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
It's great to hear Littlebird is doing well now. Have a safe trip!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is great news!

angie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Wilson
Littlebird is back to being mean again and ruling the roost so I guess that she is back to normal. I'll be away for 2-3 weeks in NY with dial up so no avian ave until I get back. A neighbor and friend will stock the feeder for the wild macaws and I took my flock to my daughter's yesterday. They all have perches that attach to the back of the car seat so they can look out the window . They love to ride in the car and cause traffic jams when cars pull up next to me at lights .

Yaaaa,wonderful news!!!!!!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's one way to get even with your children.

ML

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Of the 24 in the wild flock , not one is a single although there are some threes.
You must tell us about it!!

Littlebird update- Friday's white blood count was 16,000- not bad considering it had gone as high as 45,000. Will bring her home late Mon. as the vet feels it will drop down to normal by then (10,000). The vet said she is a great bird, talking up a storm and they have been letting her perch on a stand behind the receptionist. Goes to show you Littlebird's personality. She chooses which side of her personality to show depending upon the circumstances. Guess she knows she can be Dr. Jekel with me.
Thats GREAT to know! I am so glad she is doing better!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I would love to see a pic of the birds in the car!

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
Of the 24 in the wild flock , not one is a single although there are some threes.
In a TV programm, they showed that the young macaws stay with their parents for a long time. So the threes are probably families.:highfive:
When you get back,you have to take more pictures.;)

Sigrid

Status
Not open for further replies.