• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mabel's new game!

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
One of my budgie used to go crazy over string. I even used it to get him to go in the bath for the first time, I hung it so he needed to step in to get the string!
Birds can be quite cat-like at times! Mabel loves chucking things off surfaces, plays with string and only wants attention from me when she fancies it...if she didn't have feathers I'd be looking for the whiskers!

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
That looks good! I'm not sure but didn't @AutumnRain just get a similar cage for her tiel Emery? If I had space I'd love an even bigger flight cage, like those corner ones.

This is my one (sorry, it's in German but you can see the measurements).
I did. She loves it. That looks exactly like the HQ Double wide cage that I got Emery. The accessories are even the same. I'm guessing it's the same company. :)

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
This is the first time she has "played" with something I'm holding!
TD plays a game with my fiance they call, "Tickle, tickle, tick". It's just a rolled up paper towel that George puts through the bars and tells TD he's going to tickle him. It turns into a wonderful game of what I call "Tuggy" when played with a dog. Sometimes it turns into TD holding the paper towel with his foot and George and I taking turns putting our faces against the bars so he can tickle us! But mostly it's like tuggy.

I'm sure the birds aren't complaining! I only really comprehended how big it actually is when I was putting it together and saw that I could comfortably fit in myself o_O I think we should have a new rule, if you can't fit in the cage yourself it's not suitable for birds :lol:
I'd like to have the rule that if you are a full-time RV'er with a bird someone should make you a cage with slide outs like RVs have... even if yours doesn't!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I did. She loves it. That looks exactly like the HQ Double wide cage that I got Emery. The accessories are even the same. I'm guessing it's the same company. :)
Probably! Let's face it, practically everything comes from a handful of factories these days, so they probably are the same thing with different names for different countries

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Probably! Let's face it, practically everything comes from a handful of factories these days, so they probably are the same thing with different names for different countries
Very true. It's a well-made cage if it is. Plus, it's easy to put together. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Ripshod and @Momo & Mido both have those double cages :)

Ugh, my school doesn't teach German anymore... :lol:
My brother was in the year above me and took German. When I got into year 9 and was allowed to choose subjects for yr10, German was no longer an option. I studied French year 7,8,9 and Spanish 9,10,11. I believe I got a C.

The moon? That's male. A girl? Neutral. A boat? Obviously that's feminine?!
Yes, the moon is a girl... very obviously. Duh! :lol: So are tables, chairs, photos, blankets, cages etc... Shoes are male... but not slippers, they are female.... :blink:

"going t' shop"
My grandma had such a strong Lancs accent. ¨Goin´ th´ospital¨ and ¨gi´o´er¨ :)

así que usé un traductor para escribir esto
Tramposa! :wideyed:
Si quiere hablar conmigo, puedes :) Tambien a @SandraK
Yo aprendí todo aquí. Llegé a España sin saber mas que ¨cafe¨, ¨pan¨, ¨hola¨ y ¨leche¨ - he olvidado todo lo que he aprendido en el cole :lol:
Hace poco he enconrado mi librito, en que he escrito muchos frases y tal del year10. Lo tengo aquí.

10 Punkte für Gryffindor!
Jajaja Just seeing 10 and Gryffindor in the same sentence... hmmm... I wonder what you could be saying!... :lol:

Let's face it, practically everything comes from a handful of factories these days, so they probably are the same thing with different names for different countries
I have a Montana cage which is Germanys version on the Kings cages... there´s another American brand too.. I beileve HQ @Leih has it)

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Tramposa! :wideyed:
Yo aprendí todo aquí. Llegé a España sin saber mas que ¨cafe¨, ¨pan¨, ¨hola¨ y ¨leche¨ - he olvidado todo lo que he aprendido en el cole :lol:
Hace poco he enconrado mi librito, en que he escrito muchos frases y tal del year10. Lo tengo aquí.
Sorry, what?

mak

Sorry, what?
she said, "Tramposa! :wideyed:
Hace poco he enconrado mi librito, en que he escrito muchos frases y tal del year10. Lo tengo aquí. "
Happy to be of assistance! :D

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
she said, "Tramposa! :wideyed:
Hace poco he enconrado mi librito, en que he escrito muchos frases y tal del year10. Lo tengo aquí. "
Happy to be of assistance! :D
@mak as helpful as ever! :lol:

I took the time to translate it (independently of course...)

Cheater!
If you want to talk to me, you can also @SandraK
I learned everything here. I arrived in Spain without knowing more than "coffee", "bread", "hello" and "milk" - I have forgotten everything I have learned at school
I recently found my little book, in which I have written many phrases and such from the year10. I have it here.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, the moon is a girl... very obviously. Duh! :lol: So are tables, chairs, photos, blankets, cages etc... Shoes are male... but not slippers, they are female.... :blink:
Ahh no the German moon is male! The sun is feminine though! But "the girl" is neutral and "the woman" is feminine. :arghh:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
See, one letter and it is a different word. Why people!
One is to call a woman a cheater, the other is for a man.
Same with other words. There is a male and female version.
Soltero, Soltera.
Jubilado, Jubilada.
Contento, Contenta.
Guapo, Guapa.

The sun is feminine though!
Here the sun in masculine :laugh:

I´d love to know what it is in France :lol: