• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mabel's new game!

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute start to my day today. Their cuttlefish bone was falling off (I know nutritionally it doesn't do much, but they like to grind their beaks on it) so I decided to secure it with string.

Along comes Mabel and starts playing with the string as I was TRYING to attach it! This is the first time she has "played" with something I'm holding! Now whenever I wave the string about she comes over and starts grabbing at it...so now we have a new game! I managed to get a video:

My husband watched me do it and just said "well you aren't getting anything done today are you?" :laughing2:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
So cute! You have a massive cage! Is it custom?

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So cute! You have a massive cage! Is it custom?
No its just one I bought on an online shop here, it's not easy to buy those really small cages here. When I bought it, despite doing the measurements, I didn't really realise just how big it actually is :laughing2: But I'm happy with it, when we're gone for a day or longer I don't feel as guilty about leaving them stuck in their cage as I would with a small one.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We did that with the new aviary. It ended up being 4 times the size of the old one?! :lol:
I'm sure the birds aren't complaining! I only really comprehended how big it actually is when I was putting it together and saw that I could comfortably fit in myself o_O I think we should have a new rule, if you can't fit in the cage yourself it's not suitable for birds :lol:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I want to upgrade the parrotlets. Maybe this...?
That looks good! I'm not sure but didn't @AutumnRain just get a similar cage for her tiel Emery? If I had space I'd love an even bigger flight cage, like those corner ones.

This is my one (sorry, it's in German but you can see the measurements).

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ugh, my school doesn't teach German anymore... :lol:
Really??? We could do either French, Spanish or German. I did Spanish and a year of French. Never did any German, and guess which one I use everyday?!?! :banghead:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They dropped German a few years back as literally nobody would do it for GCSE.
Honestly don't blame them :rofl: Languages with gendered articles (like 'the' but masculine, feminine, neutral) are the worst, and German has hardly any rules. The moon? That's male. A girl? Neutral. A boat? Obviously that's feminine?! At least Swiss German is the Yorkshire of the German world so I can get away with just saying 'd' Katze' just as in Yorkshire I can say "going t' shop" :lol:

Which language did you do?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Look at my great German translation skills...

Hello Ali, I haven't studied Spanish in a long time, but maybe you can practice with @Zara;)