• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mabel Macaw's feathering..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I tried to take a photo. There a few sections that look like that. Some larger than others. Any ideas?

Attachments

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I tried to take a photo. There a few sections that look like that. Some larger than others. Any ideas?
Not stress bars! stress bars go across the feather, opposite of what is seen in Mabels' photo.
This could be diet related (too much seed) which would make sense since she is a pet store bird.....but could also be nothing at all - from constant rubbing/friction against cage bars or a toy, and will be gone after next molt.

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I saw a parrot that was kept solely on seed before (in a pet store). His feathers had the same grey, almost translucent areas on them. I wonder if it is the seed?

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Like Doris, I was going to suggest, on top of diet, that those markings might be the result of constant friction.

I've seen it before - parrots which are crammed with a few things in a small space, the feathers that most often get rubbed on something have those type of markings.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Doris, Aleu and Shade.:) I feel better knowing this.

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
Like everyone else has said..I've seen quite a few birdies with dark feathering like that and It's usually from too much seed in the diet (and not enough good stuff of course).
She'll be in tip top shape in no time!:)

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Give her lots of baths and the super diet I'm sure you give your birds and I bet after the next molt she'll have beautiful feathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.