• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ma'am Ceddy has decided ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
... to sleep on her playstand tonight :eek:

And she won't budge! :heelp: So far I've tried:

- treat bribes (not working since she refuses ALL food after she's settled to sleep),
- cleaning the playstand with her on it, moving it around and all (she usually doesn't like that and climbs over to her cage)
- make her step up, even gently pushing her belly and putting my finger into her pulled up foot (I think someone superglued her to the playstand :cool:)
- tried to make her 'uncomfortable' by stroking her back, wings and belly (she doesn't really like to be touched on any of them yet)
- lights out with only a slight shine coming in from the kitchen
- right now I have ALL lights on (that worked on a previous occasion when she attempted to sleep on her cage playtop) and the TV on pretty loud (usually have it low volume if on at all)

She will NOT move! No idea what else I can try short of towelling (I won't do that!!!)
Thoughts anyone :confused:

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
igor gets like that and thats when he gets bitey so watch out lol. last time he acted that way he bit me a good one on the wrist so he did get toweled it was the first time for him and surprisingly he took it well. maybe he remembers being wrapped in a towel as a baby.
what about using a perch to get her to step up onto.good luck i know i wouldnt want igor loose all night here lol.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Thanks Deb. I already tried her small T-perch to try and get her to step up.

Well, I did end up towelling her after all, I figured better sooner than later. She wasn't overly happy about it but she's relaxed on her perch now and grinding her beak after I sang her her lullaby.

Not only don't I want her loose by herself in here overnight and in the morning but I don't want her to get the idea that it's ok to sleep on the playstand.

See what happens tomorrow. I probably have to start watching for signs that she's ready for sleeping and get her into the cage before she settles. So far, she's usually gone into her cage by herself at sundown but maybe she's decided 'sleeping out' is more fun LOL.

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i have noticed that igor gets really wound up when its bed time and he is out. like a kid the longer he stays up the grumpier and excited he gets lol.and there is no way to get him in the cage at that point. so i have to get him in it before he gets tired lol.which still isnt easy.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Guess Ceddy wants to camp out.:sad11:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Guess Ceddy wants to camp out.:sad11:
Hmmm, I'm NOT buying her a tent and sleeping bag! Next thing I know she'll want a camp fire and marshmallows :huh::D

Well, I think I know why she's been a bit 'off' this evening ... there's some lightning and thunder grumbling now. I assume she could feel it coming. So I now have some low volume soothing music on for 'white noise' and she's finally tucked her head in and is asleep :heart:

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Hulk does the same thing! Must be an alex thing I guess. What I do is show him a hair brush. for some reason he hates that things and I just show it to him and say "go home" and he goes in :rofl:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Hulk does the same thing! Must be an alex thing I guess. What I do is show him a hair brush. for some reason he hates that things and I just show it to him and say "go home" and he goes in :rofl:
:rofl: I'll have to try that :cool1:

Ceddy's not happy with me today and so far won't step up (I kinda expected that though) so I'm leaving her be, just talking to her like I usually do. I'll see how we go when she has to go back in for the afternoon in about an hour :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.