• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

DeeLoz

Moving in
Real Name
Denise Lozano
Hi everyone im new here and I have some questions I hope I can get. So I have a pair of lovebirds a blue black masked (female) and a peach faced (male). They have had babies 3 times now the first 2 batch all the babies came out like dad Peach faced hybrids but this last batch they had 4 peach faced and one Lutino! Can someone explain to me how did that happen?

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Do you have a picture of the rump of the yellow bird?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If those are both the parents, then you do indeed have a hybrid. The problem is that with the lutino mutation you do not see the telltale brown chin characteristic of eye-ring and peach-faced hybrids. It is still a hybrid though, and is also sterile. Beyond that, if those are the parents, this is a guaranteed female.

DeeLoz

Moving in
Real Name
Denise Lozano
If those are both the parents, then you do indeed have a hybrid. The problem is that with the lutino mutation you do not see the telltale brown chin characteristic of eye-ring and peach-faced hybrids. It is still a hybrid though, and is also sterile. Beyond that, if those are the parents, this is a guaranteed female.
Thank you yes that’s what I had understood doing research that it will be female and of course hybrid sterile. So does that mean dad the peach face is split to Lutino? Or the the mom? Or both have to be split? That’s what I’m trying to understand…

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you yes that’s what I had understood doing research that it will be female and of course hybrid sterile. So does that mean dad the peach face is split to Lutino? Or the the mom? Or both have to be split? That’s what I’m trying to understand…
The father is split to lutino as only males can be split to sex-linked mutations. Females are either visual or do not have the gene at all.

DeeLoz

Moving in
Real Name
Denise Lozano
The father is split to lutino as only males can be split to sex-linked mutations. Females are either visual or do not have the gene at all.
Thank you so much you cleared everything up. Much appreciated.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You are welcome.